Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Are Swaddlebees NB Simplex Prone to Blowouts?

I want to hear from any Mama's who have used the Newborn version of the Simplex. Did you experience blowouts with this diaper?

The crotch is definitely more narrow than what we're used to and the elastic seems very gentle. This isn't a bad thing, just making me wonder if they're as good as other diapers at keeping in the newborn poop. I have a bunch in my shopping cart, but this question is holding me back.

PS, I already own a dozen of these, but not sure if I should put all my eggs in the Simplex basket since we've never used them before. Thanks so much for any input you can give!!

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are Swaddlebees NB Simplex Prone to Blowouts?

I have personally never used them, however, I read reviews and spend tons of times on diapering boards and I have never heard of anyone complaining about this ever.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The only time I've heard of it is with really tiny newborns. For average to big newborns they should be fine.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Finniansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 5 and wish I had a full stash. They fit awesome and we have never had a single blowout. They will last us a long time too, whereas she has outgrown the size/absorbency of most of her other newborn diapers.
Finniansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Aalt
Registered Users

I have only had one blowout (ebf boy) and I think it's because he's outgrowing the NB size. I only have 1 and wish I'd had more earlier.
Aalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Never (not yet... knock on wood!). Agree that it looks like they would leak or have blowouts but have been amazed by these diapers. Even at 10 pounds-ish they still look loose around DD's legs, but have never had a problem. Haven't had any blowouts with any of my NB diapers yet, but have had leaks with my lil joeys and my tb tini fits when they weren't on just right.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

I also have never heard of them leaking, just wanted to double check. So glad they're working for everyone!! Consider me enabled. LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Thanks- I've had the same question as the OP, and this is great news!
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by papoosecaboose View Post
I want to hear from any Mama's who have used the Newborn version of the Simplex. Did you experience blowouts with this diaper?

The crotch is definitely more narrow than what we're used to and the elastic seems very gentle. This isn't a bad thing, just making me wonder if they're as good as other diapers at keeping in the newborn poop. I have a bunch in my shopping cart, but this question is holding me back.

PS, I already own a dozen of these, but not sure if I should put all my eggs in the Simplex basket since we've never used them before. Thanks so much for any input you can give!!
I started using them 5.5 months ago on my DD who only weighed 5lbs 11oz at the time. I tried 8 different brands of nb aios. I sold all the other ones and now have 24 nb simplex. In 5.5 minths we've only had one blowout and it was because DH didn't change her for 3 hours and then she pooped. These diapers are the best thing since sluced bread!!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not once.