Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

Weight gain?

So yesterday I had the glucose test and my 27 week OB appointment. Everything was fine, but the DR. did mention that he thinks I'm gaining too much weight. I started off the pregnancy at around 120 LBS, had Hyperemesis (vommiting so bad it landed me in the hospital 3 times for dehydration) and lost around 10/15 lbs, and as of yesterday have gained about 24 LBS from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have to say that I am shocked because before I got pregnant, my weight was steady at 120 LBS for around four years, no joke. I'm not eating anything much more than before I was pregnant, so don't no ware all this is coming from. The long and short of it is that the doctor told me I should eliminate sertent foods from my diet and restrict calories.
What would you do? I no it's not good to gain to much weight while pregnant, but I no if I restrict things like protein and darry the baby could suffer.
How much weight did you gain and did your doctors give you a hard time about it?
Thanks for the help/advice.

Advertisement

BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight gain?

Can you eliminate any unnecessary/unhealthy snacks, and just make better choices? I wouldn't eliminate protein or dairy, or if anything, choose leaner cuts of protein or low-fat daily products.

I'm at 26w2d, and the last time I checked I was up about 13 lbs, but that was at my last doctor's appointment a few weeks ago. I go in for my glucose test on Thursday, so we'll see!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I am 24 weeks, and I've gained a total of 15 pounds so far.

DDC.

Could you maybe, exchange a meal for a healthy smoothie every day? That's what I'm doing.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I've gained about that much, and my doc thinks it's fine. Maybe he's forgetting about the weight you lost and looking at that gain as well??
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I'm up a 25lbs+ from my prepregnancy weight at just about 27weeks. I failed my glucouse screen (just by a bit) and my Doctor this morning said she was really suprised my result was hight because she didn't feel I'd gained a lot.

Now despite her saying that I was really struggling with how much i was gaining... so I've been working since new years to increase my activity and eat better. I noticed a slow down in the gaining literally right away... Really all I'm doing is walking about a mile a day on the treadmill (which I was doing before christmas just nowhere near as consistantly.) I've replaced my evening snacks with cut fruit and my pop/juice drinks with water with just a little juice in it for some flavor.

With my fail on the screen I now have to replace my carby daytime snacks too so it should be really interesting to see what happens now.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was 120 pre-preg and was very sick as well. At 6 weeks I was only 105. I don't have an appt til next week but my last appt I was 135. So I have gained 30 lbs since 6 weeks or 15 from pre-preg. I know I have gained since my last appt too because my clothes aren't fitting as well. My doctor doesn't seem concerned but all my baby trackers say it's excessive. I personally wouldn't worry about it. I try to gain because I am underweight to begin with (I am 5'8) and I use all my fat stores for nursing.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
sbadger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please don't worry about that number if your making good choices and eating well It is not a crazy number some women gain 40 with every PG Just eat well and ingore him.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the main priority needs to be just making sure you are eating healthy and exercising. Pregnancy is not an excuse to sit around and eat whatever you want, like some women like to think. . But I wouldn't worry nearly as much about the number as just making sure you make healthy choices for you and baby.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie
I think the main priority needs to be just making sure you are eating healthy and exercising. Pregnancy is not an excuse to sit around and eat whatever you want, like some women like to think. . But I wouldn't worry nearly as much about the number as just making sure you make healthy choices for you and baby.
This.

Eat real, healthy food and don't worry about it.

I was 110 prebaby and at 28 weeks, I'm at 130. This bothers me because, according to my calculations, I should be 128. But I keep gaining phantom pounds and losing them and gaining 2-3 lbs in a day for unknown reasons. Talked to my doctor and they weren't worried.

All I can do is eat healthy foods, maintain exercise, etc. I don't feel like I'm eating more than prebaby, but with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday, Valentines Day and Easter holidays all in one pregnancy, I don't think it's possible that I'm not eating a little more than normal at all these get togethers, etc. Not because I'm pregnant, but because there's a lot of treats being passed around.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've always started out at about 120, and have gained a different amount with each pregnancy. Last one I gained 40 lbs and was given no grief. In fact, they hade me drinking protein shakes because they thought baby was small (ended up 7lb11oz). Just eat healthy, real food and remember its just a number. No one would have ever guessed I'd gained that much either. Plus, typically I don't gain any weight the last month. I think that may be true for a lot of people I wouldn't stress too much about it.