Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight gain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
I wouldn't worry nearly as much about the number as just making sure you make healthy choices for you and baby.

I don't worry about the number anymore.
With every pregnancy I've ended up at or just over 160lbs - with my first 2 pregnancies that was a 55lb gain, with DS2 it was a 50lb gain, with DS3 it was a 40lb gain (different starting weights).
This time I started out heavier than I have previous times, and I'm at 158lbs so far - about a 30lb gain so far. I don't know how far over 160lbs I'll get this time, but I do expect to. And I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
For me, too, I get down to my "nursing weight" (110-115lbs) by 2-3 months pp. So, since my body does that after gaining all that weight, I just take it that my body needs to gain that to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #12
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 28.5 weeks, and I've gained 27 lbs so far. I started at 125. My previous 2 pregnancies, I gained over 40 lbs (I stopped weighing myself after I hit 40 weeks so I don't know how much I actually gained). My midwives were never concerned about it. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow, and I'm sure she'll make a comment. But I think you are doing fine.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I don't worry about the number anymore.
With every pregnancy I've ended up at or just over 160lbs - with my first 2 pregnancies that was a 55lb gain, with DS2 it was a 50lb gain, with DS3 it was a 40lb gain (different starting weights).
This time I started out heavier than I have previous times, and I'm at 158lbs so far - about a 30lb gain so far. I don't know how far over 160lbs I'll get this time, but I do expect to. And I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
For me, too, I get down to my "nursing weight" (110-115lbs) by 2-3 months pp. So, since my body does that after gaining all that weight, I just take it that my body needs to gain that to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
This is very similar to me, although it takes closer to 6 months to get down to my lowest weight. I could probably gain a little less if I was strict at watching my calories but it just makes me crazy obsessed so I try not to worry too much. So far I'm up about 30lbs and am 29 weeks, my doc has never said anything (but he is pretty laid back)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
All you thin chicks will probably lose the weight fairly quickly:P

Then there are those of us thst started out with extra pounds and never lise weight bfing and actually keep baby weight until baby weans.....2 years later:/

This is my record and im sure baby #3 will not be different. Just be sensible. I have a green smoothie for lunch 2-3 days a week. Hight protein snacks and healthy fats, pb, nuts, ect.

Real foods, lots of veggies! It all works out
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #15
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is my fifth pregnancy and it's about the same as all the others. I think I've gained almost 30 pounds already (I'm 28 weeks). Usually when all is said and done, I gain around 35-40 pounds. The last month I usually don't gain weight. Much of the weight gain can also be water weight so it's not the same as truly gaining weight if that makes sense. I also have big babies, so there is more amniotic fluid, more baby, more everything. I think all bodies are a little different and I would go by what my doctor says. Mine have never been worried.

I do hate gaining weight, though, it's something completely out of my control, but I try to keep it in perspective.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursenmom View Post
This is very similar to me, although it takes closer to 6 months to get down to my lowest weight. I could probably gain a little less if I was strict at watching my calories but it just makes me crazy obsessed so I try not to worry too much. So far I'm up about 30lbs and am 29 weeks, my doc has never said anything (but he is pretty laid back)
I don't worry or stress about losing the weight, I do nothing different, add no exercise or anything. I just nurse on demand, and let my weight do whatever it's going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
All you thin chicks will probably lose the weight fairly quickly:P

Then there are those of us thst started out with extra pounds and never lise weight bfing and actually keep baby weight until baby weans.....2 years later
I'm sorry it is that way for you. Like I said above, I don't do anything to lose the weight, it just come off. If it didn't, I would definitely worry about what I was gaining during pregnancy. I just really feel like if my body loses the weight, it must need that gain for a healthy pregnancy/baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post
Much of the weight gain can also be water weight so it's not the same as truly gaining weight if that makes sense. I also have big babies, so there is more amniotic fluid, more baby, more everything.
Yup. A lot of mine has to be water weight, cuz when I come home from giving birth I usually will have magically "lost" 30lbs - no way that's just baby and placenta.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am 29.5 weeks and have gained 12 lbs. I have had a hard time eating- stress, morning (all day sickness), ect... My midwife is worried about GD because my uranalysis showed really high ketones. If it is still high in 3 weeks I am going to have to start taking my blood sugar.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

I gained a lot with my first DD. 75lbs. Yeah.
Over the past 5 years I've changed my diet. Yay!

Because of my diet change, this pregnancy I'm eating so much better. Low/no sugar, lots of fruits and veggies, no sodas, whole grains, no processed foods, LOTS of water, no sodas, etc.

I'm 28 weeks and have gained about 35lbs. My doc was a little concerned because my gaining pattern is the same as with DD1, even though I'm eating healthily. She ordered a thyroid test and glucose screening at 22 weeks. All was normal. I retest for glucose on Monday. I'm sure it'll be fine though.

I know I'm eating healthy so I don't worry about it too much. I DO NOT want to gain 75lbs again so I don't give in to cravings like I did with DD1. I'm hoping that will help.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
My doc was a little concerned because my gaining pattern is the same as with DD1, even though I'm eating healthily.
Exactly - if you're eating differently and everything, and you're still gaining the same, chances are that your body just needs that weight, for whatever reason, for a healthy pregnancy/baby.
I was the "typical eating-for-2" pregnant lady the first time around - craved cheesecake like nobody's business! And gained what I gained.
But the 2nd time I watched what I ate, chased after DD all day and walked every day, and I still gained exactly the same weight. It's just what my body does, and I try not to stress over it.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Exactly - if you're eating differently and everything, and you're still gaining the same, chances are that your body just needs that weight, for whatever reason, for a healthy pregnancy/baby.
I was the "typical eating-for-2" pregnant lady the first time around - craved cheesecake like nobody's business! And gained what I gained.
But the 2nd time I watched what I ate, chased after DD all day and walked every day, and I still gained exactly the same weight. It's just what my body does, and I try not to stress over it.
I would tend to agree with this. Just my feelings on it.