Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coming home outfits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmingMama View Post
For me I always take comfy maternity clothes because sadly I don't just loose my whole belly with the baby!
That's a good note to make especially for first time mamas - do NOT be concerned or stressed if, after birth, you still look 4-5 months pregnant. That is totally normal, and the belly will go away.
Your uterus takes a few weeks to get back to the normal, non-pregnant, size, and you've got extra skin and stuff there from stretching and growing.

Like everything else, this isn't the way for everyone, but it's a good thing to keep in mind cuz it's more likely for you to still have a belly than to not!

After my first baby I didn't realize this... or maybe just didn't think it would be me... I ended up squishing myself into regular jeans and then ended up with a uterine infection. I mean, it could have been caused by any combination of things, but I think trying to make myself fit into too small pants was part of the contributing factors.
Now, I don't stress. I take lounge/yoga pants or mat pants and a longer t-shirt, and just wear what I'm comfortable and fit in.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
That's a good note to make especially for first time mamas - do NOT be concerned or stressed if, after birth, you still look 4-5 months pregnant. That is totally normal, and the belly will go away.
Your uterus takes a few weeks to get back to the normal, non-pregnant, size, and you've got extra skin and stuff there from stretching and growing.

Like everything else, this isn't the way for everyone, but it's a good thing to keep in mind cuz it's more likely for you to still have a belly than to not!
Lol, that's what I heard with my first. The problem was, I didn't have any belly at that point in time, so I was quite surprised with the amount left! It took a little while to get back to normal. I wasn't prepared for it for sure!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I have no idea what I'll be wearing home. Probably my squishy pants and a nursing top of some sort.

As for baby, haven't bought anything yet, but I was leaning toward footed pants and a kimono top from Under the Nile, since it heard those styles of pants/shirts make it easier for changing and cord care early on.
I love kimono tops (and onesies) for newborn because you dont have to put it over their head. I bought a few for my friend's 3 week old and she was so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

After my first baby I didn't realize this... or maybe just didn't think it would be me... I ended up squishing myself into regular jeans and then ended up with a uterine infection. I mean, it could have been caused by any combination of things, but I think trying to make myself fit into too small pants was part of the contributing factors.
Now, I don't stress. I take lounge/yoga pants or mat pants and a longer t-shirt, and just wear what I'm comfortable and fit in.
Yeah, I agree. My stomach was relatively flat, but my hips were so wide. I didnt fit into normal pants for a few weeks! Those hips were also why I moved to maternity pants at 10 weeks...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't decided what she will wear home, but just something comfy and cute since we will have an hour and a half drive home. I will deffinitely pack some comfy yoga pants and a t shirt.

I must add that I used to get so cracked up at my aunt. She would dress up in a sunday dress, with all her makeup and hair fixed perfect and had to have the perfect outfit for the baby....to drive 10 home. I thought that was so silly. LOL Give me my yoga pants and a ponytail, and I am good to go.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #15
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

Oh, what a great thred! It really depends on what the weather is doing around here, in MD it can be snowing or 85 degrees at the drop of a dime, so you never know. If it's cold I have a little flece jumper dress with an atached onecy and little white tites with ballerina slippers on the feet, if it's warm, who knows, maby I'll get something adorable at my shower.
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi saw this on Latest Posts... Hope its okay to chime in. I recommend having a cute newborn and a 3m outfit. I had a couple cute newborn outfits and I threw in one 3m outfit not thinking new babe would wear it. Well he fit better in 3m right off the bat... and the outfit was not only hard to put on (silly first time mom purchase) it had blue and pink tiny flowers on it. There was some blue but kinda silly for DS.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
I haven't decided what she will wear home, but just something comfy and cute since we will have an hour and a half drive home. I will deffinitely pack some comfy yoga pants and a t shirt.

I must add that I used to get so cracked up at my aunt. She would dress up in a sunday dress, with all her makeup and hair fixed perfect and had to have the perfect outfit for the baby....to drive 10 home. I thought that was so silly. LOL Give me my yoga pants and a ponytail, and I am good to go.
Haha! I had a friend that brought fancy clothes, jewelry, and makeup to the hospital. Besides the hospital bed in the pictures you'd have thought she was at home a week after birth. I wasn't so down that I couldn't have gotten all dolled up- I just didnt care. I dont have yoga pants, but am all about my rolled down adidas pants. Thats what I am wearing now actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Hi saw this on Latest Posts... Hope its okay to chime in. I recommend having a cute newborn and a 3m outfit. I had a couple cute newborn outfits and I threw in one 3m outfit not thinking new babe would wear it. Well he fit better in 3m right off the bat... and the outfit was not only hard to put on (silly first time mom purchase) it had blue and pink tiny flowers on it. There was some blue but kinda silly for DS.
Good point! DS did fit in newborn for a week, but we didnt use cloth. I am not necessarily expecting this little one to fit newborn either.

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 01-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is my baby outfit
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville View Post
This is my baby outfit
Cute!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I recommend having a cute newborn and a 3m outfit. I had a couple cute newborn outfits and I threw in one 3m outfit not thinking new babe would wear it.
When I talk about the coming home outfits (in my pp) everything I get and take along is 0-3 mos, not NB. I'm not sure we even have any "real" NB stuff here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville View Post
This is my baby outfit
Very cute!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote