Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sept 2013 weekly chat, jan 14-20

Hi everyone! I might end up being an October mama, since my tentative due date is September 27th, but I'll join here for now :-)

I had a c-section with DD so now I'm attempting a VBAC with number 2 at the hospital.

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #12
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

I feel bummed to be the only one saying I'm probably having a c-section. My first had the cord wrapped around his neck which turned into an emergency c-section. My second I was sooo excited about having a vbac. Unfortunately I found out he was breech at 37 weeks. I tried like heck to get him to turn around, but I think I only made him get stuck in my ribs. lol! This time I've been toying with the idea of a vba2c. I'm just not sure. I feel like maybe I'm not cut out for labor. I am petite and don't have birthing hips. lol! Then at the same time I have some huge fears about a repeat c-section. Last time the spinal didn't work properly. Eeek! It was awful!! I could feel a lot of what was going on. I'm trying not to let the birth of the baby stress me out. I want to enjoy this pregnancy. In the end, it doesn't matter how the baby get here... Just that they get here safe & sound. Good luck everyone!!!
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ill be a repeat c-section this will be my 4th. I get super nervous every single time but with 1 emergency c section, 1 failed vbac and ine full term breech baby I have made peace with the fact that not all women are cut out for vaginal births. I do have a new OB this time around and am nervous about seeing someone new my old Dr delivered all 3 of my children and knows me by sight and name .
Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #14
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hospital birth here. Hubby would never be ok with a home birth and insurance doesn't cover it anyways. Both my kids have been hospital births and no issues *knock on wood*
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2Holden View Post
I feel bummed to be the only one saying I'm probably having a c-section. My first had the cord wrapped around his neck which turned into an emergency c-section. My second I was sooo excited about having a vbac. Unfortunately I found out he was breech at 37 weeks. I tried like heck to get him to turn around, but I think I only made him get stuck in my ribs. lol! This time I've been toying with the idea of a vba2c. I'm just not sure. I feel like maybe I'm not cut out for labor. I am petite and don't have birthing hips. lol! Then at the same time I have some huge fears about a repeat c-section. Last time the spinal didn't work properly. Eeek! It was awful!! I could feel a lot of what was going on. I'm trying not to let the birth of the baby stress me out. I want to enjoy this pregnancy. In the end, it doesn't matter how the baby get here... Just that they get here safe & sound. Good luck everyone!!!
You do what you feel comfortable with! I would encourage you if you are interested to look into a vba2c, but whatever you decide in the end you are right that baby getting here safe and healthy is the most important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg82882 View Post
Hospital birth here. Hubby would never be ok with a home birth and insurance doesn't cover it anyways. Both my kids have been hospital births and no issues *knock on wood*
I had 4 hospital births that all ended up natural. I just decided after the last one that I really wanted to be at home for any more births. And dh has always been cool with that. If you are concerned you can always hire a doula.

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:

AOTW: We are planning an unassisted waterbirth at home, with my SIL as my doula/lay midwife.

I had an awful experience in the hospital with my first, ended up the cervical scar tissue (thanks to an ignorant horrible nurse yanking on my folley when I wasn't dialated enough...), and pit hiked so high baby went into distress. They promised I could VBAC to get me to sign an emergency c/s paper, and didn't try turning off the pit. Only at a PP appointment did they inform us that they didn't "do that" anymore (vbac).
So, started my journey into the world of homebirth, midwives, despising insurance laws, and struggling with my own body.

Come to find out, I have an odd hip/pelvic issue, that causes my right hip to move foreward in the last month of pregnancy, causing my babies to flip "sunny side up", and remain that way, or jammed wrongly in my pelvis, during labor. DS2 was a hospital VBAC transfer from homebirth midwife...got an epidural to relax my pelvic floor enough for him to flip.
DS3 I birthed at home unassisted on accident, but he was sunny-side up, just like DS1 would have been.
DD I finally had a homebirth midwife, labored in the tub, had weekly chiro visits, and hers was my shortest, easiest, most incredible labor yet! Now I know my body, what to do for it and my babies, so I am confident our choice is the best one This baby will be my 4th VBAC
Ready to Shop for Woolies? Check out Baby Snickerdoodles on Hyena Cart
BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote