Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
rachelhf7
Registered Users

Two month old sleeping!

My 2 month old has been sleeping 9 hours per night for a few days now. I'm exclusively Breastfeeding so when I wake up in the morning my breasts a really full. Is it healthy for her to sleep that long?? Also, will my supply go down because of how long she goes without nursing?

Advertisement

rachelhf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Your supply will adjust as needed. As long as there's enough wet/poopy diapers and baby is otherwise happy/healthy then I'm totally jealous.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
rachelhf7
Registered Users

Lol! Thank you :-) When she sleeps that long, in the morning her diaper isn't very wet. But during the day I change her every 2 hours and it's soaked.
rachelhf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Two month old sleeping!

All my babies started sleeping longer. DD has been going all night for about a month most nights. Then she will have a spell where she wakes back up. I have noticed that when she does sleep all night then she eats every 2 hours most of the day.

I WOH so I pump about an hour before she wakes up and that is bonus milk for my freezer. In the last month I am less full inthe AM. I am still pumping the same amount but just not that super hard/sore feeling.

Aslo-- I try to pump off a little bit or hand express some so she can latch on better and the milk doesnt come out quite so fast. She sputters and chokes if I forget.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You are so lucky! I'm up 2x/night (for an hour + each time)

Sent from my phone
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

My daughter was a night nurser. I went back to work at 6 weeks and did a lot of pumping so she missed me in the evenings. My son (who is 2.5 months old) is a better sleeper. I didn't go back to work until this week and we had a better start to our nursing relationship (I knew better the 2nd time around). He also cluster feeds like crazy before bed. I still get up once a night and my boobs usually wake me up because I am full or I hear him crying and I start leaking in my sleep.

I know sleep cycles happen and change things. But I am happy for now
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
MKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep! they will adjust..my 3mo old son has been sleeping longer at night and I wake up SO engorged and full..but i just pump out whatever he doesnt eat so i can start my day fresh

Visit my Facebook Fan page or Etsy shop!http://www.mamakaydesigns.com
http://www.facebook.com/mamakaydesigns
MKDMama is offline   Reply With Quote