Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #131
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Toddlers on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
LOL not stupid...we'll just say you had amnesia.
Yes, I must of!

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #132
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
After and hour I seriously considered getting the dogs leash and chaining him to my chair Ya, whatevs. Call me bad mom.
Wait, you're a bad mom for just thinking it? Wonder what people think of me, because I would have DONE it.

But, I also like to abuse my kids. So, whatever.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #133
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaLove88

Yes, I must of!
Didn't you learn your lesson? Lol
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #134
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama View Post
Didn't you learn your lesson? Lol
ME? Never.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #135
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki

I have made my kids hold onto the pockets on the butt of my jeans once when I was carrying an armload of stuff and couldn't hold their hands in the parking lot. Now they WANT to hold onto the pockets on the butt of my jeans.... except I am wearing maternity pants, so I always wind up fighting to keep them up, while my two kids are on either side pulling them down.....

I am sure it is quite a sight... big old fat preggo lady, two kids attached to her butt, trying to pull her pants down, as she struggles to hold them up while simultaneously holding a 20 mo old..... Ah, I'm great entertainment, ya'll.
This is so me right now. I am regretting the "back pocket" idea with these overly stretchy mat jeans, lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #136
patooty
Registered Users
seller

never had one till #4. a leash is around the neck. this is on a backpack and you are not dragging them you are guiding them around. my daughter tripped while i was holding her hand and popped an elbow out of joint. thats why i got this

Homeschooling, Above Rubies reading, :bf support, semi- crunchy, selective- vaxing, family bed, home birthing, AP mama to 5 princesses, 1 intact prince and some gone before us. Recovered addict to I live here : I water birthed unassisted by choice to birthday triplets
patooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #137
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
In reference to the "I treat my child better than my dog" type of arguement-I put a leash on my dog for my dog's protection. I OF COURSE believe my child deserves as much protection as my dog. And since my child DOES need to be protected from herself, of course I will use a leash when necessary.

I have used a harness as needed with my kids, my baby is learning to walk and if we need it for her, she will use the monkey back pack next, I have no issues with them.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #138
BradleyMomma
Registered Users
seller

I don't like them and wouldn't use one. I also hate posts like these that ask for opinions and flame people for giving them.
BradleyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #139
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyMomma View Post
I don't like them and wouldn't use one. I also hate posts like these that ask for opinions and flame people for giving them.
There's sharing an opinion ("I love cantaloupes, I think they're the tastiest fruit ever.") and there's being rude about it ("I think grapefruits are nasty, and if you eat them you're as gross as the kid who ate his boogers and you might as well just go eat worms.") It's about the wording and execution.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #140
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Oh, you gals are great fun! Seriously. I am enjoying myself. Lighten up!

And here are some thoughts I had...... these are probably out of order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
I would not use one for my children as they are not dogs and deserve more respect than to be lead/dragged around like one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
You DRAG your dog on a leash?! That's just inhumane.
I think I've already established that SOME of us treat our kids JUST like dogs. hmmmph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaLove88 View Post

If my husband won't hold my hand should I put a leash on him?
Mine loves his leash. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Omg, I can see all sorts of posts regarding 'staking' children. I already have the popcorn out. This thread is GREAT for the person home sick with the flu.
I have so many visuals.... and it's so funny.... but I can't come up with ANYTHING tongue-in-cheek to say on this one.... It kind of reminds me of the kid in the movie "BABIES" who was tethered to the inside of his hut and ate toilet paper.... ahahahaha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post

ETA -- > I do think that dragging your child on the harness is abusive; I only used it for safety.
You CANNOT be serious?! My kids would seriously LOVE to be dragged around on a leash if we used one on them. LOL It would be great fun. And I am actually not totally kidding. my kids already drag each other on the floor by their arms through the house.... if they had a nifty leash to use, it would be so much easier for them, and I wouldn't have to worry so much about dislocated shoulders....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Can we PLEASE call it a mom on a rope from here forward? Perhaps it's the term "leash" that's gaining the negative vibes around here. And realistically, if you've ever used one, you quickly realize its the MOM who's on the "leash", not the tot.
The phrase "mom on a rope" does NOT make me imagine a mom holding a kid leash. .... it makes me think of how I feel somedays .... wait, does this "rope" have a noose on one end??

And, I am totally kidding.

Last edited by Kiliki; 01-17-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote