Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
JaidaGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help...can't get one of my twins to sleep in his bed

I have b/g twins who turned 2 in Oct who share a bedroom. Christmas we converted their cribs to toddler beds after 3 nights of DS waking up screaming in the middle of the night. He will go to sleep in his bed but when he wakes up, he comes running and screaming into our room. At first we could sooth him by bringing him into bed with us but lately he just whines, cries, kicks, tosses and turns. None of us are sleeping well. If I put him back in his bed he will fall asleep but will then wake up again an hour later and start screaming etc. Last night I slept on the floor in their room and he refused to sleep in his bed. He woke up a bunch of times, restless, and he insisted on being next to me on the floor.

Any suggestions for getting him to stay and sleep in his bed?

Advertisement

JaidaGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
dklamanchas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Was there a reason you turned his bed into a toddler bed? Or did you just think it was time? If there was no reason then I would turn his bed back into a crib and try again later. My youngest will be 3 in march and still sleeps in a crib. He just started sleeping through the night about 6 months ago so I'm in no hurry to disrupt his sleep. Being in a crib is comfy to him and he feels safe.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
JaidaGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
He was waking up screaming in the middle of the night every night and I was concerned that he felt trapped in his crib.
JaidaGirl is online now   Reply With Quote