Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

aden & anais blankets?

Do aden and anais blankets soften up the more you wash them? I got 4 of them and washed them up, and while they are soft, they aren't that wonderful buttery muslin soft. Do they get nicer after they're washed a few times?

I have some similar blankets from Carter's that are softer, but I'm wondering if that's because I've had them a month longer and thus they've been washed several times...

I'll be sad if my cheapie Carter's blankets are nicer than the pricey name brand ones.

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: aden & anais blankets?

I only had the target ones but I always used fabric softener on mine.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Chamomile Girl
Registered Users
seller

It probably depends on your water. We have hard water and the blankets don't get super soft. Neither do the prefolds, like I have heard they can.
Chamomile Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have hard water and our bamboo ones are silky soft The regular cotton ones aren't as soft but still softer than the Target ones (we have boutique ones). I did pick up a 4-pack at Buy Buy Baby and they seem as soft as our boutique ones. I'm not sure why the Target ones I used to have weren't as soft compared to Buy Buy Baby. The ones from BBB I've only washed once and boutique cottons have been washed several times.

Overall the bamboo are my all time fav for softness.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em View Post
We have hard water and our bamboo ones are silky soft The regular cotton ones aren't as soft but still softer than the Target ones (we have boutique ones). I did pick up a 4-pack at Buy Buy Baby and they seem as soft as our boutique ones. I'm not sure why the Target ones I used to have weren't as soft compared to Buy Buy Baby. The ones from BBB I've only washed once and boutique cottons have been washed several times.

Overall the bamboo are my all time fav for softness.
I was gonna mention what she said, Target ones are still not as soft as my boutique ones. My boutique ones are pretty soft. I have a sleep sack and its about the same as my Target ones.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Target ones arent as soft as my Bamboo one from Nordstrom that my husband's boss sent us as a gift. I think there are just different quality honestly. I hang dry everything and still the bamboo ones are buttery soft while the others are crispy (they do get softer as I use).

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
bobbyjk
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do not have any but I have heard that the Target quality is in fact different.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was wondering the same thing if they are worth the extra cost? I put the swaddling blankets and swaddlers on my registry at BRU but I don't know if I will buy.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ours are super soft, we have had them for about a year now though and they are DS's blankies he can't go ANYWHERE without one. We have both the boutique and the Target ones and they are both the same softness, the cotton ones.

I TOTALLY thought they were a gimmick and a fad, thought I would NEVER buy them then someone gave us a set for a baby gift and somehow it was the ONLY blanket that our son loves. Seriously he can't sleep without them, my DH had to take him to the hospital in June and he was admitted it's over 2.5 hrs away from our home and he had one blanket with him. Well it got vomited on and he called me in a PANIC asking what to do because the baby wouldn't calm down, the nurses washed it for him, in the meantime my VERY VERY CHEAP husband went out and bought a set because he realized they were worth every $$$.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
We have had ours for a while now, not the ones from target but the cotton single ones. But I did notice that when I had to replace one it wasn't as soft as the older one. And even now after many washes I can still tell the difference between the newer one & the older one. I think the newer ones are not made with the same quality muslin.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum