Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
Cpaul
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper bag, what do you have?

I am interested in this answer too

Advertisement

Cpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post
Namaste, Laguna

It's the BEST diaper bag ever!!!! It folds down small when you only have a couple things in it, and you can pack a ton it and fold the sides up. This thing rocks. Always sits up right, never tips over--- and when we don't need a diaper bag anymore, it will be MY bag--hence the reason I have a pink one and my Asher is a boy, lol! The selling point for me is that everything closes magnetically!!!
I got one of these too, I was inspired by a post where you had shown just how much you could pack in it! I got purple, and of course DD2 potty trained not long after so I am looking forward to baby #3 and a reason to pack it full again!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #23
Nachomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

The pattern says DIY, not for resale, so I don't know about paying someone to make it. A friend made mine as a trade.

Oh, also, I have a Namaste Laguna for a knitting bag and adore it. I use one side for knitting, one side for toddler gear for short hops.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just kept trying different bags and I liked different ones at different stages.
When I felt like not carrying a diaper bag at all, I carried a LeSportSac Kasey. It fits one diaper and my keys/wallet plus a few tidbits like pacis or a toy. The fabric is waterproof, so it acts as its own wetbag.
When I thought I needed to carry everything everywhere, I used my PPB Boxy Backpack. Lots of room to store stuff, but hard to dig stuff out once it's in there. Nice, plush changing pad came in handy many times.
When I had to bring toddler clothes, snacks, and my own junk as well, I used a large LeSportSac shoulder bag (they don't seem to carry the style anymore). It's just a big ol' bag with no pockets to speak of (ok maybe three small ones) but it holds a ton and was easy to find what I needed fast.
For the newbie, we're excited to try this one from Diaper Dude. We do alot of traveling, and a backpack is sometimes more convenient, though I usually prefer a shoulder bag.

No matter what, get yourself a GoGaga Urban Sherpa strap!! They are HTF now, but I snagged mine at a pet supply store and it is one of my favorite products ever. Here's a site with some info.

Last edited by Leiiki; 01-20-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Leiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #25
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a jujube BFF, don't know how I lived without it!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #26
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

I spent a huge chunk of money on a Timbuk2 Stork messenger diaper bag. DH was willing to take an active role in my DD's care, and he refused to have anything to do with a diaper bag that was too feminine. It's just black but very durable (ballistic nylon) and will be able to be used for other things after the diaper phase is done. Per him it's "very cool" for dads.
gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
WVflipflopmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddesswife View Post

I carry my Coach purse, my Mom spoiled me and got me 2 over the past couple years, so I'm not sure I really need something huge KWIM.
I've got a mama that spoils me with Coach as well. No diaper bag yet (due in May) but I'm fairly certain if my Mom has her way I'll be carrying a Coach Multifunction Tote which is fine with me.
WVflipflopmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #28
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I am all about packing really light. If we will be gone all day, I just put extra diapers in the van or bring an actual backpack. My everyday set up is a Skip Hop Pronto (yes really!) with 2 diapers and a sposies wipe case. I also have a JJB Be quick...but I use it for my own personal purse for my items so I can grab just the Be Quick and run into a store. I just toss both the Pronto and Be Quick into a cute tote from Old Navy and stick my cell phone in the interior pocket of the tote. This way if I need to go change a diaper I can grab just the Pronto or if I am headed to the store without kids I grab just my little Be Quick as a purse.

I spent the entire day in the city with the fam at various tourist attractions and besides tucking 2 extra diapers (total of 4), an extra SBish underwoolie and a wetbag into the bottom of the tote it was no big deal. I had 4 sposies in the van if needed but we didn't touch them. Even changing my son in a public bathroom repeatedly it wasn't a problem since the Pronto has the attached changing pad. I was actually quite glad I didn't bring a big cluttered bag since it would have been a pain in this situation. Even after 5 kids I have no desire to use a giant diaper bag.

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-21-2013 at 09:59 AM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #29
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVflipflopmama View Post
I've got a mama that spoils me with Coach as well. No diaper bag yet (due in May) but I'm fairly certain if my Mom has her way I'll be carrying a Coach Multifunction Tote which is fine with me.
With my youngest, I fell in love with a pink coach purse that I decided was perfect for a diaper bag. I hardly used it, but the leather looked SO bad on the bottom! I have never had another Coach, but the quality of this one was so bad, it really surprised me. Do they usually look worn on the bottom?
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #30
bkoala
Registered Users
seller

I'm using Petunia sashay satchel in santiago sunset. I'm thinking of investing in a weekender for longer outings.
bkoala is offline   Reply With Quote