Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething and Tylenol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy View Post
My dd1 was a rough teether and I found ibuprofen works better. I don't feel guilty. If my kids are in pain I help them relieve it.
Prior to being a SAHM, I was in dentistry. Ibuprofen is better for teething and for anything teeth related in general.

As for giving it to them, I rarely do. However, I'm on my 6th kid and have yet to have more than mild teething issues with any of them. I'm not sure what I'd do if it were several nights in a row.

Hope he feels better.

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Second brezzed hrough mostly. Only needed tylenol likmy le 1 or 2 times a day otherwise good just mainly to sleep.....oldest was on like all the time.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

my lo is a slow teether. it took 3 weeks for the damn 1st one to come in. i was up every 30 minutes with him nursing and comforting at night the whole time. drugs only helped calm him enough to fall asleep. after 3 nights and trying to only give it once a night or every other i would trade off ibuprophan tylenol and teething tablets. i felt really useless.

i think teething necklaces help take some of the mild discomforts and possible relax them. from experience it helped owen not drool so much and get those weird teething rashes and it cut out the stuffy nose entirely. i think they help relieve alot of the symptoms more then the actual pain.

at least your lo is almost done getting teeth!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy View Post
My dd1 was a rough teether and I found ibuprofen works better. I don't feel guilty. If my kids are in pain I help them relieve it.
Agree with ibuprofen instead of Tylenol, it works much better for my kids.

With both of mine, I have given half doses of ibuprofen before bedtime when teething was at its worst, usually for 4-5 days. It's enough to at least take the edge off and allow them to get some better sleep, which makes everyone happier. I'm very cautious with medication, but sometimes you just have to do something for them, you know?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I didn't, but we used the amber necklace.

And ibuprofen works better on my child, BUT I still didn't give it to her regularly.