Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursery plans??

I'm going to just use half of my 4yo's son's room. We have an extra bedroom upstairs but don't feel like moving the baby around. Plus we cosleep.

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglebutter View Post
No nursery here because of cosleeping, but we are shifting the older kids around and will be moving our oldest into the guest room. That is going to be a lot of work!
We are shifting kids around too. New bunk bed on Thursday and painting two rooms as we speak. As for the nursery, we are going to wait until after baby is born since we aren't finding out the sex....
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Baby will be in with us for a while, then sharing a room with DD which is all ready decorated. I just need to find bedding for the crib to match DDs or make them matching sets.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #14
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We're adding a few touches to ODD's playroom so they can share when they're older, but ODD is still cosleeping exclusively, and the newbie will do the same.

My parents made ODD this gorgeous room sign for her birthday: her name illustrated with a different jungle animal for each letter. They're making a matching one for the newbie but vertical and with ocean animals.

We did re-do our master bedroom closet so there's a nice area for diaper changes and all my clothes are FINALLY organized. TGFI - thank god for ikea!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

We just moved and baby's room color is a very pretty robins egg blue. We took the door off the room because it is attached to ours but she will be co-sleeping for a bit anyway. Maybe not though because I moved a sleeper sofa in there and we may just use that too, I can't decide! I'm not sure I really have a theme, I have white furniture, some classic pooh framed pictures, a white rocker with yellow fabric I may re-do and I have been eyeing up some shabby chic-ish baby bedding. I would love if I could find her a quilt like that. I like classic, soft, and more adult I guess than babyish stuff. The room has some odd curtains that I semi like but I am thinking of trading them out for gray ones. Oh and it is long, so odd... I'll have to show you all when we get it together.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #16
ChloeNAydensmom
Registered Users
Formerly: AydenN2Angel+1
seller

My Mood:
The nursery will get figured out once I know what this baby is! It's driving me nuts not knowing for sure! The room will definitely be painted (color depends on sex of baby) there is already a dresser and a futon in there, the crib will go in there as soon as the tax money comes in (already filed) and we get a bunk bed for the girls (will be 5 in April and 3 in June) I honestly haven't thought of any themes seeing how I still don't know for sure if its a boy or girl >.<
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

We cosleep and sidecar our crib to our bed, so no nursery here.

I did have to get DS2 moved out of the toddler bed and into a twin to free up the crib mattress though.

Eventually each kiddo will have their own room. Currently the 4th bedroom is the playroom, but we're going to be finishing our attic into a big new playroom/rec room so we'll have the bedroom free again.
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaper Safari
We cosleep and sidecar our crib to our bed, so no nursery here.

I did have to get DS2 moved out of the toddler bed and into a twin to free up the crib mattress though.

Eventually each kiddo will have their own room. Currently the 4th bedroom is the playroom, but we're going to be finishing our attic into a big new playroom/rec room so we'll have the bedroom free again.
Can you side car any crib? I was thinking about a arms reach co-sleeper but they are expensive!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
mommy2eli
Registered Users
seller

I scored an EUC Arms Reach co-sleeper for $50 off of craigslist. So baby will be in our room for up to six months, probably less. Then she will have a crib in DS's room for after that (they'll be exactly 2 1/2 years apart).
mommy2eli is offline   Reply With Quote