Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #121
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1212

When said information comes to light, it may very change my buying habits, but I'm afraid I can't do so based on vague assertions.
I'm with Shan.

Advertisement

77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #122
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1212

When said information comes to light, it may very change my buying habits, but I'm afraid I can't do so based on vague assertions.
Understandable.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #123
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Tell me about Alva pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I'm sorry, I can't provide a source at this time, but the results of lots of investigations into a few different patent- and copyright-violating and import tariff-shirking diaper companies will eventually come to light.
Well, until such information can be disclosed I will not be basing my decisions soley on the word of someone I do not know. Not trying to be snarky, but I am sure you would feel the same if I made a huge claim and could not back it up with any evidence. If/when there is ever any real evidence provided then I will reassess my decisions. It seems many of the claims about the china diapers can not be backed up with reliable information from what I have been seeing in these types of threads.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #124
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Lipen View Post
Ok, I just checked out lil helpers and they look like alvas with a snap in liner...
And they're manufactured in china.

I think it's the front snaps that signal alva. Why would you purposely put them so close together. To me that doesn't help keep the front panel up better. I think it should be at least one snap between, instead of right next to each other.
Oh no. More Alvas! Cry. I thought they were more rounded. Sorry to send you to another re-branded diaper. Why oh why???

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #125
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

Well, until such information can be disclosed I will not be basing my decisions soley on the word of someone I do not know. Not trying to be snarky, but I am sure you would feel the same if I made a huge claim and could not back it up with any evidence. If/when there is ever any real evidence provided then I will reassess my decisions. It seems many of the claims about the china diapers can not be backed up with reliable information from what I have been seeing in these types of threads.
I understand.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #126
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I understand.
Do you have any sources for information on sunbaby or alva? I am genuinely curious, especially about labor practices.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #127
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Kawaii diapers are NOT "china cheapies." They HAVE been tested and post the test results for all to see. Scroll down to the bottom of this page:
http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/pages/About-Us.html
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #128
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
Kawaii diapers are NOT "china cheapies." They HAVE been tested and post the test results for all to see. Scroll down to the bottom of this page:
Well that is awesome. I stand corrected. I have owned several Kawaii & now I don't feel bad.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #129
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers
They have one test posted for one particular fabric, but not the multiple tests required for EACH fabric in their lines. They are not compliant.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #130
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

Do you have any sources for information on sunbaby or alva? I am genuinely curious, especially about labor practices.
I hope it will all come to light eventually; I'm bound by a confidentiality statement for now. I do understand being frustrated with me right now, and I don't expect anybody to take me at my word--you don't know me, after all. I'm just in contact with a few people who have been investigating (in a serious, orderly manner with assistance from qualified professionals) these manufacturers for a while.