Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #281
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
If their office is in Canada, it must be sort of like Platform 9 and 3/4.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

Advertisement

P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #282
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Lipen

So, that does mean they are based in Canada? Right? Or is there fine print somewhere I'm missing that indicates its a Chinese company?
To me, that says that they at one point were looking for a product to fit their business, and do not in fact have their own factory with custom made products, as stated on their website.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #283
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks

To me, that says that they at one point were looking for a product to fit their business, and do not in fact have their own factory with custom made products, as stated on their website.
K, that's what I thought also.

On their website they pretty much say the same thing. That they manufacture their product in china, I don't think I read they own or run their own factory though.

Did they at one time say something to the different that would be why some people believe they are a china based company?
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #284
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

From their website:

"
KaWaii Baby Diapers and covers are custom made in our factory located in China. All the material we used have been attested by some international organizations. We created them to our specification of softness, durability and absorbency. We recently noticed that some people trying to offer the same patterns and fabric just like ours. But our diapers have features that are different and we have no outsourced manufacturer. "

That is pretty much the opposite of what is implied on that request, IMO.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #285
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
From their website:

"
KaWaii Baby Diapers and covers are custom made in our factory located in China. All the material we used have been attested by some international organizations. We created them to our specification of softness, durability and absorbency. We recently noticed that some people trying to offer the same patterns and fabric just like ours. But our diapers have features that are different and we have no outsourced manufacturer. "

That is pretty much the opposite of what is implied on that request, IMO.
I agree. So, did I find something of use then?

P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #286
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about Alva pockets.

Okay now here is something to add to the confusion...

Are ALVA diapers Happy Flute diapers? I know when the lady who sells/sold GoGreen Diapers first started selling, the diapers actually had the "Happy Flute" label still on them (there was some drama about this). She eventually got the factory to start putting her GoGreen label on them. So is Happy Flute a different "manufacturer" or do they supply ALVA, or does ALVA supply Happy Flute? You can look up Happy Flute on Alibaba.com and some will come up but with the brand name of ALVA. Way too confusing for me!

I think what bugs me most about this whole thing, is people saying they are WAHMs selling you their diapers when in reality they are just buying a bunch of cheap diapers from China and putting their name on them. It is deceitful.

I did come across one lady who was selling China Cheapies who actually was upfront about it and gave reasons why you should buy from her instead of buying directly from a site like ALVA etc. I actually wasn't bothered by her site since she was clear that she is not making, sewing, designing the diapers, but is just reselling them with her own brand name.

While there are still ethical issues with that, at least she was being honest. Which is more than I feel many companies/brands are doing. It is really disappointing see a "new" diaper being released that actually just ends up being another re-branding of the same old China style pocket diaper.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #287
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

I agree. So, did I find something of use then?

Yes/No

Creative wording can lead you to believe they own the factory, but they never say they own it. Our factory could be reference that the factory is contracted to make their diapers.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #288
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Just chiming in that that shark tank thread was locked by moderators, and I am very surprised this hasn't been, if we could leave out the names of the individual people running these businesses (legit or not legit) we might be able to continue the discussion (though it is a bit of flogging a dead horse at this point) but when we start directly naming individual persons and making comments that could be considered libel, we risk the thread being locked.

For what it's worth, Evolution diapers hasn't actually had a production run on their pocket diapers in over 2 years, they now make Boingos, and so are not even active in the pocket diaper business. If you saw the Shark Tank episode you know the financials on Fuzzi Bunz are dismal. Oh Katy nearly closed its doors, Happy Heineys was sold, Kanga Care and cotton babies have vastly diversified their offerings, even WAHMs rarely make pockets now. Smaller pocket businesses like DryBees and GMD aren't around as much as they once were... Like it or not the pocket diaper companies in the US are struggling to survive. It is sad, and I do believe that the influx of the cheap pockets are the crux of the problem.

Last edited by RockinLou; 01-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #289
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me
Okay now here is something to add to the confusion...

Are ALVA diapers Happy Flute diapers? I know when the lady who sells/sold GoGreen Diapers first started selling, the diapers actually had the "Happy Flute" label still on them (there was some drama about this). She eventually got the factory to start putting her GoGreen label on them. So is Happy Flute a different "manufacturer" or do they supply ALVA, or does ALVA supply Happy Flute? You can look up Happy Flute on Alibaba.com and some will come up but with the brand name of ALVA. Way too confusing for me!

I think what bugs me most about this whole thing, is people saying they are WAHMs selling you their diapers when in reality they are just buying a bunch of cheap diapers from China and putting their name on them. It is deceitful.

I did come across one lady who was selling China Cheapies who actually was upfront about it and gave reasons why you should buy from her instead of buying directly from a site like ALVA etc. I actually wasn't bothered by her site since she was clear that she is not making, sewing, designing the diapers, but is just reselling them with her own brand name.

While there are still ethical issues with that, at least she was being honest. Which is more than I feel many companies/brands are doing. It is really disappointing see a "new" diaper being released that actually just ends up being another re-branding of the same old China style pocket diaper.
Maybe? I've seen prints from happy flute that I've never seen from alva though.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #290
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me about Alva pockets.

I believe Happy Flute and Alva are different companies with different factories. I know the co-op I am in has worked with both and they are quite different. These Chinese companies get their fabrics from a lot of the same places, plus we know they have no problem copying prints that other companies use anyway, so it's common to see the same prints in different companies.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote