Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

So excited. DH and my brother are painting DD2s (soon to be babys) room. We had 2 walls a baby green, but the bedding I pocked out for #3 is teal and purple butterflies so it doesn't match AT ALL. Just love getting things done!!

I was going to take, the girls to the aquarium but DD2 is now grumpy with a runny nose and a forehead temp of 100 or so, so I think we'll stay home. I desperately hope she's not getting sick AGAIN!!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Ugh. DD2 is up to 101.6 with runny nose and watery eyes... sigh...on the up side since DH is still unemployed she can stay home with him tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 20th - 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Ugh. DD2 is up to 101.6 with runny nose and watery eyes... sigh...on the up side since DH is still unemployed she can stay home with him tomorrow.
Oh no! I hope she feels better! It's cold here like -24F with the windchill so I'm wondering if they'll cancel school tomorrow. We are rural so some kids have to walk to the end of their driveway for the bus(ours is .5 mile long, but I drive the kids to the bus)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Im feeling a cold coming on and i started elderberry syrup and raw honey today. FX it works....i even gave the kids a dose in hopes of prevention.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #15
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh no! Sickness stay away! Still getting over mine. At least I am finally able to function as a parent.

Just chugging along here. Nothing really to chat about.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel like this baby could come anytime in April. I am due April 16. I was induced with dd at 37 and some odd weeks so I have no idea when she would have come naturally. So I have no idea when this one will come. And I have no idea how to know when I am in labor or when to go to the hospital or anything. Eeek. Also, I have been cramps the past few days. I have noticed this pregnancy I will be crampy a few days then fine for a while, then it repeats. Growth spurts? I am so excited for this baby to get here but so nervous about labor and having a new little baby to care for. Are you girls feeling nervous about the pain of labor or am I just a weenie? I did unmedicated with dd and felt amazing after, but I had been induced wih the foley and was stuck attached to IVs and monitors and it was so uncomfortable. My OB has told me it will be a totally different experience this time but I am still nervous to do it again.

Last edited by babyrosie; 01-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.
babyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No you are not a weenie LOL!!

I think there are different parts of my body that can handle different tolerances of pain. I was that girl that broke her leg and said ouch and continued to play several games on a broken leg--crazy but whatever.

However when I was trying to go natural with dd after 2 cs I did not take into account the burning feeling you feel down below and I was all "Game over! Where is my epi?"

We will see what happens this time I will try again to go natural the best I can and I will play it by ear.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

You're not a weenie! I had my membranes stripped for DD2, and by the time I made it too the hospital I was screaming for an epidural. I had back labor on top of contractions so only about 45 seconds pain free.

I'm not too nervous. It'll be what it'll be and it'll all work out

I think my doc said when contraction are consistently about 3-5 minutes apart for an hour to call them regardless of time and then they advise you on whether or not to come in.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #19
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Oh no! I hope she feels better! It's cold here like -24F with the windchill so I'm wondering if they'll cancel school tomorrow. We are rural so some kids have to walk to the end of their driveway for the bus(ours is .5 mile long, but I drive the kids to the bus)
We've been having -35 to -50 with the wind chill here the last few days...it's finally feeling like a normal Minnesota winter, lol. Luckily the schools in the area were closed yesterday for the holiday, but they still have yet to cancel for Tuesday. More than likely they won't though...it takes an act of God to get them to cancel school in my town!
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #20
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly

We've been having -35 to -50 with the wind chill here the last few days...it's finally feeling like a normal Minnesota winter, lol. Luckily the schools in the area were closed yesterday for the holiday, but they still have yet to cancel for Tuesday. More than likely they won't though...it takes an act of God to get them to cancel school in my town!
I'm in Minnesota too! We've had one snow day so far, but like I said we're rural. I grew up in the city and had 1 snow day my entire schooling!

Last edited by MrsCrafty; 01-22-2013 at 04:55 AM.
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote