Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #21
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 20th - 26th

It's going to be an unusually frigid week here for us. I feel silly about complaining of our high temp of 14 for today. But yikes, we don't get that around here but very rarely. It's been in the 30s/40s lately.

The last two winters have been super mild. Even with lake Erie which normally increases our snowfall greatly. We get this stuff called "lake effect snow" and luckily I don't personally live up by the lake in the "snow belt" they get really hammered. It does effect us down here a bit, we just don't get as much.

No idea when baby will come. I'm rooting for an April fool's baby. Would be the same birthday as my great grandma had, and she was awesome.

Looking forward to having more help for labor this time, hopefully I'll be able to cope much better and my neighbors won't call the police because of my screams, lol.

Advertisement

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
It's going to be an unusually frigid week here for us. I feel silly about complaining of our high temp of 14 for today. But yikes, we don't get that around here but very rarely. It's been in the 30s/40s lately.

The last two winters have been super mild. Even with lake Erie which normally increases our snowfall greatly. We get this stuff called "lake effect snow" and luckily I don't personally live up by the lake in the "snow belt" they get really hammered. It does effect us down here a bit, we just don't get as much.

No idea when baby will come. I'm rooting for an April fool's baby. Would be the same birthday as my great grandma had, and she was awesome.

Looking forward to having more help for labor this time, hopefully I'll be able to cope much better and my neighbors won't call the police because of my screams, lol.
We sent the cold weather from the west coast. It was freezing last weekend (highs in the 20s, which is unusual for around here), and all this weekend it was 60+.

An April Fool's baby would be fun. We live in a town with 18 kids, and 3 of them have birthdays in the first week of April. Maybe we'll add another to that same week.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

So bummed. The 2 painted walls, despite using the same paint color, are not the same color as the other 2 walls. They are more yellow. I don't think I like it. I desperately don't want to paint them again, but I just don't like it... sigh....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #24
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So bummed. The 2 painted walls, despite using the same paint color, are not the same color as the other 2 walls. They are more yellow. I don't think I like it. I desperately don't want to paint them again, but I just don't like it... sigh....
Oh no! I'm sorry!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sorry to hear about the walls.

We are enjoying 70ish degree weather here and not looking forward to going home on Thursday where it's still in the negatives. I guess we're blessed to have gotten a short break from it. DD has loved being outdoors and playing at parks and riding in the wagon....

DH and I had our first date in about 28 months last night. Was so weird and so nice. Then we went to ikea and DD got a train set and an owl puppet. Spoiled little girl. Although I think DH is more excited about the train.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sorry about the walls. I hate when you get so excited about something and something completely unforseeable happens like mismatched walss.

Yeah for dates. I have no idea when the last time dh and I had a date and do not see any in our future. Does the hospital on delivery day count? LOL!

AFM: I passed the gluclose test but have low iron. No biggy I think I had low iron at some point with all the babes. So I just need to take a supplement.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #27
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you ladies for assuring me I am not a complete weenie. Makes me feel better sorry for those with cold cold weather. We had days and days of rain down here and finally have been enjoying the sun and 65-70 degree weather. Dd and I just came in from spending over 2 hours outside on her fort/swings and chasing the lab around the yard. I am tired now.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #28
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Got the babies carseat in the mail today. One less thing to worry about.

Finally sold off all the wool I can not use and have been hoarding. So now I want to spend all the money on diapers but I am just going to relax and chill in that area--at least until Friday lol!

My father sent almond butter and pb butter in the mail from Trader Joes. DS was there when I opened the box and said "Grandpa is so nice." It was cute!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Thank you ladies for assuring me I am not a complete weenie. Makes me feel better
I literally screamed with every contraction and moaned between. I felt like the main character from the movie "Knocked Up" when the nurse asks her if she can keep it down because she's "scaring the other pregnant women".

Of course, I was ready for the hospital within 30 minutes of waking up to real contractions at 2 am, so there was no gradual build up, which I think would've helped. Although I guess it wasn't too bad since I'm having another one!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #30
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
maybe once they really dry out it will match better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Thank you ladies for assuring me I am not a complete weenie. Makes me feel better sorry for those with cold cold weather. We had days and days of rain down here and finally have been enjoying the sun and 65-70 degree weather. Dd and I just came in from spending over 2 hours outside on her fort/swings and chasing the lab around the yard. I am tired now.
Count me in as a weenie! DS's birth was only natural because my epi failed and caused problems. I am only trying for a natural birth because of that. I am a huge wimp. I am actually pretty nervous about this birth with the way things are looking- no doula, no mom, no birthing class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post

My father sent almond butter and pb butter in the mail from Trader Joes. DS was there when I opened the box and said "Grandpa is so nice." It was cute!
That is sweet! What a great kid to be so thankful!

Afm: high risk ultrasound tomorrow on this darn placenta! Please send lots of placenta-moving-vibes my way!