Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #71
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
That's a great idea - ask away! Again, just personal experience, but I had no troubles with breastfeeding at all after my c-sec. In fact, DH made sure to bring Isaac to me while I was still in recovery, and I nursed side lying in there - the nurses had to help me situate my legs because they were still somewhat numb, but I did it. For the first day, and obviously for nights, side lying was awesome. Once I was comfortable more upright, I did like the football hold to keep him off my incision site - it probably mattered that he was 9lb7oz, so not a small baby!

But remember too that baby does have lots of room and time to flip on his own still!
I couldn't lay on my side for almost a week after my c-section without PAIN! Can't imagine nursing side lying. But every one is different! I could never get the hang of the football hold either. The most comfortable position for me generally in the hospital was on my back with the bed at a 45 angle, but I wasn't nursing since DD1 was in the NICU.

That Spinning Babies website is very overwhelming and confusing and poorly organized for my brain. The reasons I'm still concerned are:

1) DD1 and her twin were BOTH breech. DD1 was much bigger so I was lopsided, and this baby is sitting more to the side where DD1 was.

2) DD2 was posterior (face forward instead of back) after being transverse almost the whole time.

3) This LO has been breech THE WHOLE TIME for every ultrasound and appointment.

4) Life likes to make things difficult for us and another c-section would be pretty difficult

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 20th - 26th

If you could find a chiropractor in your are who does the Webster technique, I've heard it's highly effective for turning babies. It never hurts to try some simple, easy things to encourage baby to find the optimal position. You still have plenty of time. =)

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #73
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
If you could find a chiropractor in your are who does the Webster technique, I've heard it's highly effective for turning babies. It never hurts to try some simple, easy things to encourage baby to find the optimal position. You still have plenty of time. =)
I did pick a few simple exercises to try. And my dad and stepmom see a Chinese holistic acupuncture type person who was totally ready to give me a discount last time on acupuncture and moxabrasion (sp??) last time whe DD2 wasn't turning so I may try that. Certainly can't hurt. Chiropractors scare me for some reason...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #74
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
That Spinning Babies website is very overwhelming and confusing and poorly organized for my brain.
I agree.. I went there and was like 'I'll wait until closer to 30 weeks to start this stuff... '

as for breastfeeding after a csection, I remember that laying down on my side actually worked for us... so, that definitely varies between women. Football hold sucked for me too, but that wasn't really csection related.

ultrasound on Monday will help me decide how much effort to put into spinning babies.. I swear I had hiccups in my crotch last night though, so I'm hoping that means that baby spun down. Which.. baby can still move, but that gives me hope anyways.

I found this website that I think is a lot easier to follow than spinning babies:

http://www.milescircuit.com/

someone on diaperswappers mentioned it and I bookmarked it. Hope that helps!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #75
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got my Hot Milk nursing bra in the mail from Zulily yesterday, love it! No wires, and supportive(and I'm a E) and comfy! Yay!
I got a You! One too, I'm not as sure about that one but it is really cute!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #76
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

got on! new week, new thread
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote