Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #31
lizdanielle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

When I first started getting the kids to pitch in, I really had to be a drill sargent. I had to literally stand with them and constantly tell them exactly what to do and how. But, it didn't take very long before I didn't need to supervise as closely. If you stay consistent, they will get it.
Good for you momma! I know a lot of moms that give up because its "faster to do it myself". That's totally true. But sticking to it is well worth it.

Advertisement

lizdanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
My kids are 9, 7, 5 and 17 months. The three oldest are to make their beds, clean their room, clear the table from meals, clean windows/sliders, dust, wash walls, put up their laundry. Ds1 must empty trash can(s) as needed and ds2 feeds/waters the dog daily as needed. Ds3 washes the table after meals. Dd loves to help put toys in the bucket and put away books. They also help as asked with other things. No one is paid. They live here and understand that we all pitch in for the good of the family home. As they get older they will be able to earn play money for bigger jobs as they want- washing the car, yard work, etc.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #33
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chores

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdanielle View Post
Good for you momma! I know a lot of moms that give up because its "faster to do it myself". That's totally true. But sticking to it is well worth it.
Thanks! I wasn't good about making them help until recently. It just sort of hit me one day that it might be harder at first, but in the long run I would have help. It was definitely well worth the effort. It used to take me 30-60 minutes to pick up the downstairs by myself at the end of a day and I often didn't bother. Now, I assign each kid a room and it takes 10 or 15 minutes total. Many hands make light work. And it's mostly their mess anyway!

Honestly, my house is so much tidier since requiring my children to pitch in.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #34
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chores

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPants View Post
My 4 year is a princess, she says princesses aren't allowed to clean. You all seem to have lucked out
That's how princesses get locked in a tower guarded by a dragon
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote