Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Where are the bellydancers here?

Btw, it is "Sadie complete bellydance guide" that you can put into youtube (I gave the wrong title) to get some instructional clips. For someone who is more coordinated than myself, Sadie's video might be the place to start just b/c it is more economical to get one DVD that would take you through intermediate level. Also when I was first deciding if I wanted to buy a bellydance DVD, I practiced all of the 1-2 minute clips from Portia here: They were much simpler than most of the dancers I viewed and gave me a pretty good idea. Her DVDs are very, very spendy though, and I sort of think Leila is more authentic and probably has better ideas regarding posture anyhow. I think Leila is more trying to teach you the foundations for doing something more authentic and advanced in the future even when that means you don't immediately get to do something as fun/aerobic/interesting until you are ready for it (compare the versions of the Egyptian walk that they teach--yikes!). But those little two minute clips make you feel like you are getting a grasp on something . The videos by the twins are easy to hurt your back with. They get you moving fast but at the sacrifice of technique; their videos are more like "fun aerobics" or "fun toning" than they are really bellydance instruction (and then they throw in random middle eastern folk dance that will kill your joints).

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 01-26-2013 at 08:43 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
Sakari
Registered Users

eek! Thanks for the warnings! I'm gonna look up Sadie and Portia asap!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
e.e.peltz
Registered Users
seller

I'm trying bellydancing for the first time with this pregnancy - i like it! But I think I'm pretty terrible at it, and I'm pretty sure my shimmies are pretty sad :-)
e.e.peltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good for you, e.e.! This has to be one of the best exercises before giving birth. I've always been fairly uncoordinated and short on rhythm, but as long as I don't hold any "should"s over myself, I can enjoy what I am able to do. My mom tried to do the arms section of the video, and the result reminded me that I really could be worse . I haven't been able to bellydance all week b/c I've been sick. I miss it, so hopefully soon .

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote