Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was under the impression that it's completely normal and that it's best to just leave it alone, as messing with it runs the risk of irritating it further. Both my kids got it at about 3 weeks and cleared up around 6 weeks.

ETA - I don't think that breastmilk will hurt, but creams, lotions, etc. should be used sparingly.

Advertisement

Last edited by sisu; 01-21-2013 at 05:35 PM.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
I was under the impression that it's completely normal and that it's best to just leave it alone, as messing with it runs the risk of irritating it further. Both my kids got it at about 3 weeks and cleared up around 6 weeks.

ETA - I don't think that breastmilk will hurt, but creams, lotions, etc. should be used sparingly.
Yup.

Leave it alone. It is very normal in healthy infants. Dont use soap on him, just water is enough. Skip any creams/lotions as they will just make it worse and clog his pores. It is most likely from excess maternal hormones from pregnancy and will go away over time.

Eta: you can obviously use a gentle soap for cleaning his bottom areas but just wipe his face.

Last edited by ktmelody; 01-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn acne

The "first" pimple that I noticed on him, one on his cheek, has faded since yesterday. Maybe his acne is starting to be on its way out.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday, I was remembering that one of my other kids got a bunch of yellow crusty acne right in between their eyebrows, and I was wondering if J would be getting that.

Yep. That started showing up today.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pic of his neck and ears from today. I'm sooo ready for this to be on its way out. When his one first little dot went away, I thought it WAS on its way out, but more dots keep coming and I haven't noticed any other reduction yet. :/

Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn acne - new pic 2/4 in post #16

A kiss from sis makes everything better.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had that with my kids at 6 weeks postpartum, i found out it was the change in my hormones and going thru breastmilk. but I would wash the face well with water each day and do not put anything on it. for cradle cap, I take a fine tooth comb and scrape it off. my kids all got that and the longer it stayed on there, the grosses it gets. i saw one little boy have it so bad that his head bleed cause it was so thick. i kept thinking why on earth would they leave it so long it caused scabs?!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh hun, i just saw his pics and that so so bad. I would do elimination diet for YOU asap. he is really reacting to something you are eating I think. also do not use any detergent. it looks quite painful :/ if you have any sun, get him in it. the vit D may help too
Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
i saw one little boy have it so bad that his head bleed cause it was so thick. i kept thinking why on earth would they leave it so long it caused scabs?!
I've seen that too. Makes me so sad! One of my boys had cradle cap really bad... Isaac I think? Anyways, I ended up using oil on his head, with a cap on for overnight, then washing his hair with tea tree oil and combing his head well - really made a difference quickly.

Andrea - Poor little Josiah! Maybe my kids haven't had baby acne bad, but that doesn't look like a normal case to me.
I've mentioned it before on here, I think to you even, but we've had great luck with Thentix lotion - it is awesome for Isaac's and my eczema, and I used it all the time with Levi from birth on and have never had a newbie with such clear skin. I kinda thought it myself, but had tons of comments about his face/skin from random people as well
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Andrea - Poor little Josiah! Maybe my kids haven't had baby acne bad, but that doesn't look like a normal case to me.
I've mentioned it before on here, I think to you even, but we've had great luck with Thentix lotion - it is awesome for Isaac's and my eczema, and I used it all the time with Levi from birth on and have never had a newbie with such clear skin. I kinda thought it myself, but had tons of comments about his face/skin from random people as well
I can't remember, but it's on Amazon, so as soon as my next couple of Swag Bucks gift cards get sent, I'll give it a try.