Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
So I spoke with Le Creuset. They say that because cast iron gets so hot, medium is enough to sear with if preheated properly, and oil/liquid is to mitigate possible overheating if a doofus cranks it to 11. I read between the lines that I don't *really* need oil if I'm careful with my heat.

But I'm fatigued by all of this and have decided to defer the decision. Dijon and cassis are now sold out, too; I'm not excited by carribean blue.

Thank you for the replies. It was really helpful to know.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Le Creuset owners, opinion needed

I have blue (wedding gift; predates purple as a choice) and it works fine. I know that's not the point, but it's what hubby says every time I begin drooling over the purple stuff at Sur La Table...
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Le Creuset owners, opinion needed

This is an old thread but I got my dd a Lodge brand enameled cast iron dutch oven for Christmas (to replace a Le Creuset she lost in a home fire 2 years ago) and they really love it. It was not super expensive so was unsure if it would satisfy after having the top of the line before. She was using it when we were over for dinner last weekend and told me they love it and it works exactly like the more expensive one they used to have.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote