Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #21
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have my u/s appt on feb 19th! Won't be finding out gender but super excited to see baby again! My next regular ob visit is the 21st which the poor lady scheduling thought was horrible since its 5wks (as opposed to 4) from my last visit. I actually was hoping to stretch it to 6wks apart but she just couldn't handle it!hahahaha

I'm enjoying a mild case of insomnia lately which is a bit of a bummer ESPECIALLY since my dd finally stopped nursing through the night. This shall pass I'm sure.

Advertisement

Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #22
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

Re: July 2013 Chat: Jan. 21-Feb 3

I have my next High Risk appointment on the 11th and my anatomy scan on the 25th. We already know she is a girl due to our Verifi results. The pregnancy seems to be dragging a bit, but we are going to be moving in a few months so I am sure I will be super busy!
5lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #23
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys View Post
I have my next High Risk appointment on the 11th and my anatomy scan on the 25th. We already know she is a girl due to our Verifi results. The pregnancy seems to be dragging a bit, but we are going to be moving in a few months so I am sure I will be super busy!
I never heard of that test. I assumed you were talking about PGD with IVF but I see you were not. Cool test. Never knew there was anything in my blood that could tell gender already.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you high risk? I feel like I am the only high risk person in the group so that is why I am asking. I had pelvic radiation so that is why I am. Though technically at 36 I imagine they would watch me closer anyway. The egg though was from when I was 30.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I haven't been on much...I had the flu for a week - NOT fun! Finally better now though .

We won't get anything from family or friends this time around (maybe diapers, but that's a big maybe)...it's #5 so everyone thinks you already have it all by then right? Otherwise, I'm 16 weeks and feel like this pregnancy is dragging by too. My nausea and vomiting have finally gotten a little better...only puking a few days a time vs. all day and able to do a lot more now.

We're team green so we won't find out what we are having - haven't even scheduled my big U/S though...I guess I'll do that at my next apt.?

DH starts his nursing job on Monday - he's super excited. I am too as we will finally be like a 'normal' family again with an normal income after 3 years of school and prep for school.

We are looking into getting DH a bigger NEW to us car since he has a civic and there's no way 5 kids will fit in that thing...just so we have 2 vehicles that we could fit everyone into.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Phew, I feel bad for anybody battling the flu while pregnant. I've been exhausted and hanging in bed for most of the day, and that's just from being pregnant! Sickness is rough even when your body isn't trying to simultaneously battle it plus make a nervous system for another human being.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=3 ladybugs;16207944]Though technically at 36 I imagine they would watch me closer anyway. QUOTE]

I am going to be 36 in less than 2 weeks. (eek!) So far I don't seem to be getting any extra special treatment. I think that I am "eligible" for genetic screening, but I have always rejected tests that I couldn't do anything about and would just stress over. I think that it's in my chart somewhere as my OB says, "Now is the time to do the blah blah test if you're interested."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
Sorry I haven't been on much...I had the flu for a week - NOT fun! Finally better now though .

DH starts his nursing job on Monday - he's super excited. I am too as we will finally be like a 'normal' family again with an normal income after 3 years of school and prep for school.
Yay on getting better! And whooooohooooo on getting back into a normal income and routine!!! I bet you will have greater peace of mind now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMomma View Post
Phew, I feel bad for anybody battling the flu while pregnant. I've been exhausted and hanging in bed for most of the day, and that's just from being pregnant! Sickness is rough even when your body isn't trying to simultaneously battle it plus make a nervous system for another human being.
Tomorrow will be 17 weeks. I seem to have caught my second wind this week. I've finished scraping the kitchen ceiling this week and helped DH clean up after he pulled up the kitchen tile. I've dealt with two guys quoting me how much to paint the cabinets and am having a hard time deciding between the two of them. I think way too much with my heart and can be a sucker for a starving artist.

The dust is killing me though. I've been wearing a mask, but it only filters so much.

ETA: The kicks are undeniable when I feel them now. I am still kind of in awe that there is a little person inside me.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I never heard of that test. I assumed you were talking about PGD with IVF but I see you were not. Cool test. Never knew there was anything in my blood that could tell gender already.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you high risk? I feel like I am the only high risk person in the group so that is why I am asking. I had pelvic radiation so that is why I am. Though technically at 36 I imagine they would watch me closer anyway. The egg though was from when I was 30.
I don't mind at all I am high risk for Epilepsy, Asthma, prior miscarriages, preterm labor in previous pregnancies, and advanced maternal age (will be 38 when baby is born).

Last edited by 5lilmonkeys; 01-26-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #28
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I don't mind at all I am high risk for Epilepsy, Asthma, prior miscarriages, preterm labor in previous pregnancies, and advanced maternal age (will be 38 when baby is born).
I'm just ama & prev. m/c. I turn 41 a month before this bean arrives. I'll have a college freshman, 3 yo preschooler, & a newborn. It doesn't really seem that strange until you spell it out. Lol

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #29
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I'm just ama & prev. m/c. I turn 41 a month before this bean arrives. I'll have a college freshman, 3 yo preschooler, & a newborn. It doesn't really seem that strange until you spell it out. Lol
I know what you mean! I have one in college, one who will be a senior, one who will be a sophomore and a Kindergartener when Baby Lily arrives.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #30
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I am also high risk for Epilepsy and I am 38. What medication are you taking if you don't mind me asking.... I am on Keppra- they didn't allow me to breastfeed my daughter 6 years ago because it was still so new- but this time they say it will be ok!!!!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote