Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
Too late to join??

I'm Danielle...DF is Michael and we have a 3 y.o. DD together. We are currently expecting baby #2 (surprise!! LOL) on June 17th.

I CD'd with DD and am SO THANKFUL that I will be this time because DF was a SAHD while I worked as a RN at a prominent local hospital...well they fired me for being pregnant. It's a long story...but they did it in such a way that it IS in fact legal.

So due to LOTS of unexpected bills, traveling recently for a death in the family, etc. we have NO savings and I'm now unemployed. I will be attempting to collect unemployment until I can find a new job (who really wants to hire a pregnant lady?), will need to apply for WIC/food stamps/medicaid since I will now be without health insurance as well.

So a VERY complicated situation and we are in serious risk of losing our home (DH doens't have a trade to make enough to cover bills while I look for work) but have faith that somehow we will be okay.

Baby is VERY active, healthy, and we are hoping to stay team green this time. Hoping to find some mamas who don't look at me cross eyed for being a little well....crunchy LOL

InvisibleHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Too late to join??

Never too late! My sincerest welcome to you!
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Registered Users
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your job
tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
My Mood:
Hi!! I'm due 6/18!!
Thank my Motorola Electrify for any random words.
Ashley,wife to ChrisMama to Madison(7)Wyatt(4) and Natalie born June 18th 2013! and our little bean who's back with God
MyM&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
Registered Users

We have the same due date. I am the 17th of June as well. Sorry about your job. My DH lost his job and now he has found something but it is only part time. Still looking for full time. I worked at the same company as him and I was knocked from 30 hours a week to 10 or less. I am wondering how I am going to make bills and be able to buy baby stuff. Hope it all works out for you. Even if you can get unemployment and DH can get a minimum wage job it will help.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Welcome! I am due earlier in June, on the 9th. Your story sounds very much like mine. I was laid off shortly before getting pregnant with my 1st child. My SO was laid off a year ago from his job too. We are both working low paying jobs and we work opposite shifts so we do not have to pay child care. We will probably lose our home as well. I am getting help through HIPP, it is state funded and they pay for my health insurance/co-pays. Which is nice because I do not have to pay anything out of pocket. I have been receiving WIC since I was pregnant with my now 21 month old. We have been on the food stamps waiting list for months. It is a sign of the times I guess. It upsets me that so many people are going through the same thing. Good luck getting assistance and I hope things start looking up for you
I am a baby wearing breastfeeding, co-sleeping,animal loving,cloth diapering addictedall natural crunchy mamato my beautiful DD, Phaedra Anas,born (20.04.11) and dd2 Audris Matild born 13.06.13
Phaedramekko is offline   Reply With Quote