Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Great day at Thrift Town!

Had not been thrifting in a while, trying to be good, lol.

Well, it must have paid off because I scored a gently used Breadman TR555. :-)

I think I paid a little over $6 and it is $99 on Amazon. Cleaned it up and am making my first batch of bread now. Cannot wait to try it in an hour or so.

Also found a silver beauty muffin tin like this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/86140481...n-baking-photo for 99 cents and a nice small butcher block cutting board, like new for 99 cents too.

What else, did I get? Oh, a heavy duty Kaiser 24" springform pan from West Germany, think I paid 1.99 for it.

And finally, I bought a vintage Tupperware pitcher like this one for 1.99, I have a few of these now and use them all the time. They are the kind I grew up with and I just like them. http://compare.ebay.com/like/2211711...Types&var=sbar

Doing the happy dance!

Things I thought I wanted, but put back for someone else to love were: hand painted gorgeous matching soap dish and candlestick from Italy, new fridge smart produce keeper from tupperware, and a vintage cast iron cornbread pan because I knew I didn't have to have those things. I pushed them around in my cart a good long while until I did my "weeding out" right before check out.

Oh my gosh....I am starting to smell the bread!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 03-04-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
I <3 Thrift Town!! I went last night and scored 2 pair of jeans for DD2 and a brand new long sleeve shirt for DD1 for 5$!! Whoop whoop!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: Great day at Thrift Town!

Nice!
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm going tomorrow on my lunch hour. Their big seasonal clearance sale is starting and all clothes are $1. I'm not too worried about going overboard with clothes, but I have to stay in check with the rest of the stuff because I'm on a path to minimalism. I do want to get back into buying for resale, so that is contradictory.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
mommyto3sweeties
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow! We don't have a Thrift Town. Those are some really great deals! I'm jealous of the tupperware.
mommyto3sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome! How did the bread turn out?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
sanbibi
Registered Users
seller

wow what a deal
our thrift stores are so overpriced, sometimes more then retail
sanbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

Thanks ya'll. I am really thankful for our great prices and well stocked thrift stores, I think being in a large metroplex, like ours in Dallas/Ft. Worth, helps a lot. One of the few benefits of living here, lol. You def. have to know your prices, some things are indeed not priced well. I do quite a bit on reselling when the item will ship well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
I'm going tomorrow on my lunch hour. Their big seasonal clearance sale is starting and all clothes are $1. I'm not too worried about going overboard with clothes, but I have to stay in check with the rest of the stuff because I'm on a path to minimalism. I do want to get back into buying for resale, so that is contradictory.
Did you find anything worthy of bringing home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkaK View Post
Awesome! How did the bread turn out?
The bread is amazing, my jeans are not thanking me though....

I have found gobs of fantastic recipes on the web.

Found another two bread machines in the last couple weeks. Each was missing their paddles, but I have ordered them online. I will be using them to make 3 batches at a time and store the extra in the freezer. I believe having a few will also come in handy for holiday home baked goods because I can give breads as gifts and the machines double as jam makers.

The breadmaker bread is much better than I can do on my own, I am just not the great baker. And my mom found a bread maker the following week after I wrote the OP. Dad loves all the great treats she has been making.

The bread was hot when I sliced thru it, so the texture looks off, but trust me, it was perfect. (Was too impatient to wait for it to cool before trying out the first bite)

See that tiny wooden cutting board under the bread? Got that thrifting too, it was like new and is the perfect size for small jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
I <3 Thrift Town!! I went last night and scored 2 pair of jeans for DD2 and a brand new long sleeve shirt for DD1 for 5$!! Whoop whoop!!!
Do you use their punch card and are you signed up for their email coupons? Using coupons and discounts at thrift stores seems really cheap, but that's the point!! Thrift Town is where we donate everything we don't freecycle, so I regularly see our stuff there, it always cracks me up to come across it on the shelves.

And last week I found a 10 cup hand blown chemex coffee pourover pot for $3 plan to flip this one as it is over 150 on ebay right now. Not that I even think I can really get that, but you never know til you list!

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 02-05-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
I totally do! Lol!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love thrifty town!! everytime I go to TX I stop there for my kids. the t shirts tend to be hilarious and cheap. nearly everytime I buy 20 t shirts at $0.99 to $2 and my kids laugh and laugh at them. for X mas I found my daughter a brand new swimming suit for $3.50. i get belts there for myself, dresses and the jeans are great at $2 each typically

im such a geek for that place, I had a punch card and went back on vacation, brought my punch card and got another $10 off my $20 buy!