Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
JULY IS HERE!!!!!

So its 3:30 a.m. & I'm wide awake, bouncing on my ball & scrolling thru DS & realize I'm a week behind on the chat thread. So sorry!

37 wks & finally got everything ready for the baby...at least everything I have anyway. Baby's hospital bag is packed & ready & mine partially is. Had an u/s & cervical check last Thursday. Baby is measuring a week behind & weighs 5 lbs 14 oz., but I'm good with a little small since I'm going for a vbac. I'm still closed but 50% effaced so that's something.
Last week was a busy week for our DDC as we had several babies arrive. I'll be updating the arrivals thread later.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Advertisement

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 07-02-2013 at 02:39 AM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Chat: July 1-7

I can't believe it's July already, but at the same time, it's like time is sloooowing down LOL. 36 weeks and 2 days!! We are all prepped too! Just waiting now for the next few weeks to go by! We have a boy name picked out (hopefully won't change but it's always possible) but no girl name yet. We are so ready to meet our baby and see what the gender is and what he/she looks like. Still seems surreal that we're having another one and not sure if it's fully hit me yet! Sounds crazy I know but whew, what a year it has been!!
Reese62299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Shortygirlga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also ready to go, my girls bags are packed as well as mine and we are just waiting sitting on go. I am hoping he will come a few days early as my parents are on vacation this week and can come help. It is also very surreal to me a new addition is going to be added to my family. I have had a few BH this week but not many, no weight gain, and a little sick on my stomach but still working. It has been just me and my girls for so long, am very happy to add my little boy but nervous because I have no clue how to raise a boy LOL I am dreading the c-section recovery and have been sad lately that VBAC is not an option in Columbus, GA unfortunately and the nearest one is Atlanta which is too far for me to drive. My ex plans on being at the birth but I am kind of thinking he will back out last minute. Im a little sad I will be doing this alone again but much rather have a happy single home than a home with a fighting mom and dad. I am excited to be cloth diapering for the first time though can't wait to see how that goes Well ladies good luck and God Bless hope to see newborn pics of all the babies soon I will definitely post mine as soon as he makes his arrival!
Shortygirlga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese62299 View Post
I can't believe it's July already, but at the same time, it's like time is sloooowing down LOL. 36 weeks and 2 days!! We are all prepped too! Just waiting now for the next few weeks to go by! We have a boy name picked out (hopefully won't change but it's always possible) but no girl name yet. We are so ready to meet our baby and see what the gender is and what he/she looks like. Still seems surreal that we're having another one and not sure if it's fully hit me yet! Sounds crazy I know but whew, what a year it has been!!
I feel the exact same. I feel like once I hit 36 wks time has started crawling. And it has been the longest pregnancy ever not knowing the sex. Lol I am beyond excited to find out who is inside me. It has definitely been a very long year & a half for us. After 3 losses it is very surreal that I am days away from finally holding my sweet baby. I just can't wait!!!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I spent all day in L&D yesterday with contrax 5min apart lasting 60-90 seconds and stopped dilating at 3.5cm, 50-60%, -1. My whole body hurts from pacing the halls. They wouldn't augment labor because I'm not 39 weeks until Wednesday. So I took a warm bath & an ambien, and here I am on the couch. Maybe 10min apart. Praying they stay away unless it's real labor! My 3 kids are taking care of me & I'm getting lots of snuggles, so I guess I can't complain too much. Add me to the list of "we're having a baby? this week? holy crap, already?!"
Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am glad everyone is doing well. I haven't started packing yet. I have a growth ultrasound in a few hours and that will tell me if I need to get out the preemie clothes or not for the little guy. I think after today though, I can start thinking seriously about what to pack. Though in all honestly I think I was packing up till the night before with DS (also a planned c-section).

Anyone else a bit sad for the pregnancy to be ending? I mean I love the newborn stage, but I am sad that I will not be pregnant anymore. I know I am probably odd.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

36w3d. Had my home visit today, which went well...have the birth tub ready to be set up, all supplies organized, and we're pretty much ready. My last day at work is the 16th, so just a couple more weeks.

I'm measuring right at 37 weeks, baby is perfectly positioned, and all looks good!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A few weeks ago I would have been sad that I am so close to being done with this pregnancy. Now, I am just "over it" and ready to meet my daughter. She's head down, but it's not really applied right to my cervix-more in front of it and bulging into the canal. Wish I knew how to position her better.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
Anyone else a bit sad for the pregnancy to be ending? I mean I love the newborn stage, but I am sad that I will not be pregnant anymore. I know I am probably odd.
I understand!
This is the first time that I'm not sure I will miss being pregnant. I have felt that way every time, but for some reason, not now. Maybe that means we're done. At least for now. I turn 30 in a few weeks so there's plenty of time to have more, but I think I am going to be content with 4. My body can't take much more.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 40 weeks today. Appointment today revealed only 1cm dilated but stretchy, posterior cervix, 75% effaced, and 0 station. Had a gentle sweep followed by DTD with hubby after the midwife left. Hoping the combo of the two will produce lots of prostaglandins and get this show on the road. I've had just about every prelabor sign there is. My mom was always early and I had DS early, so being where I am now is pretty tough, mentally.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote