Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #21
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My mirena story *possible trigger*

This is why I don't think I could ever get an IUD. The thought of having some foreign object physically placed inside of me is absolutely terrifying. I am so sorry you went through that, hopefully the problems are over and you will never have to have any further surgeries and such again.

Advertisement

~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Holy moly mama! That is horrible! I had the Mirena IUD and think that might be why I'm having trouble TTC. I didn't have a perforation but tried now for 2 years to get pregnant and was successful once sept 2012 just to lose it and have an ectopic...
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #23
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

I considered getting Mirena after the birth of our caboose baby dd. We were definitely "done", but don't believe in permanent bc.

On the surface, it made sense. I was looking for something that would work from now until menopause (probably with one replacement), there wouldn't be any regular doctor visits or ongoing bc expenses, and I was changing insurance, meaning if I did the Mirena then, it would have been free. It seemed really silly to deny all that thriftiness and convenience.

Then the OB explained how it could be very uncomfortable/painful upon insertion, and possibly painful/cramping for some time afterward. Umm, I just had a baby, so I wasn't interested in any more of that kind of pain, thanks. Then I read about the possibility it could perforate, lodge somewhere else in my body, etc., and I decided I just couldn't do it.

So, I went back to Depo injections, which worked great for me between all my dc with no side effects (except no df, yea!) Yes, I have to go in to the clinic once every 3 months for my injection, and it costs me $25 each time for the meds, but I am so much more comfortable with this decision. Your story was a huge validation.

So sorry for your ordeal, but know that your sharing it here will help so many of us in our bc decisions.
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #24
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Book marking to read later
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #25
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

thank you for posting this. We are done having children but my OB said she would not do a tubal or essure on me b/c I am only 31. She was really pushing the IUD also. I told her I would think about it. Now, there is no way.
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my word! I just read your blog and am so sorry for your pain and losses. God bless you and help you heal. (((Hugs)))

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you for sharing. I never trusted these things and now I can say I never ever will recommend them. so sorry for your losses. one day at a time.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for posting. I always feel like such a freak or a downer when anytime I see a mama on here asking about it that I tell them DON'T DO IT! Honestly it feels like a mission for me to warn women not to get one. I have had secondary infertility and had 3 m/c I believe because of the IUD. Mine also got lost before removal, it took them a month, several appointments and an ultrasound to find it. I got lucky though that they found my IUD on the ultrasound and I was able to skip the surgery. That being said it got lost and implanted itself elsewhere. Oh and hurt like heck for them to retrieve but no surgery thank god.

I didn't get a period back for over a year. I only ovulated twice in one year and had numerous heartbreak over losing children because with every ovulation that happened I did become pregnant. They tested me a bit and they even tried to jump start my cycles again with medication and it didn't work.

Before the IUD I was so fertile I had become pregnant while taking the pill TWICE and I was using it properly. Many things in my life had changed health wise since the IUD. I can't prove or pinpoint anything for sure but I am hearing more and more horror stories of health problems and issues after the mirena.

Oh I wanted to add... I eventually was able to conceive after 2 years. I hope my body is normal again after the baby is born but we will see.

Last edited by Mommyto2B2G; 02-02-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Oh wow thank you for sharing. I had never even hear of this risk before and my obgyn had mention them as a birth control suggestion.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got pregnant after having the Mirena IUD for 3 years. Mine was still in place thankfully. I had the IUD removed and sadly lost the baby within days of removal.

I am so glad you are sharing your story! More people need to know that Mirena is not the miracle birth control that it is made out to be.