Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I believe that the size 2 amp runs a tad bit bigger than the applecheeks... Anyone else?
Check out YouTube for some awesome review son both brands!

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #22
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Re: OS with no rise snaps for daycare

If he's already 15 pounds and has thick thighs, you could probably do medium fuzzibunz and stuff them with a prefold or flat.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #23
MomBecks
Registered Users

If he's got bigger thighs I'd think he could do a size 2 AppleCheeks. They seem outgrow the thighs first and they would take him through Pling most likely. FBEs have 3 snaps on either side so that may be a no-go.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #24
mamaspice
Registered Users

For sized aiod, check out Nana's Bottoms. They are easy and affordable.

Softbums omnis are really nice and easy though. You could stuff with flats or prefolds for a more affordable "pod"
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

I looked into Nana's Bottoms a while back and I shied away from them because there looked to be 4 snaps per tab. Can she make them with less snaps?
I wondered if I could stuff an omni with a prefold, but then I thought it might be too bulky between the legs.
Fuzzibunz mediums should work. Is the elastic on the waist fleece covered? I know that is a major complaint on the one size and elites.
For either the amp or the applecheeks, does the elastic really hold in the pooplosions? Will the elastic really stretch out til he's 35lbs? Tonight for example, my son filled is whole disposable, front to back, side to side. Luckily everything stayed inside.
workingdiaperingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #26
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't like fb os elites... on small side. I think only ones I can think of are fb sized, and charlie bananas that have 2 snaps.Some older 10 snap waist fb os have 2 some have hips snaps ( harder than crap to find).you could try a wham too.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingdiaperingmom
I looked into Nana's Bottoms a while back and I shied away from them because there looked to be 4 snaps per tab. Can she make them with less snaps?
I wondered if I could stuff an omni with a prefold, but then I thought it might be too bulky between the legs.
Fuzzibunz mediums should work. Is the elastic on the waist fleece covered? I know that is a major complaint on the one size and elites.
For either the amp or the applecheeks, does the elastic really hold in the pooplosions? Will the elastic really stretch out til he's 35lbs? Tonight for example, my son filled is whole disposable, front to back, side to side. Luckily everything stayed inside.
Get a few cheap "stuffers" to try. Flats are trimmer and more flexible than prefolds in pockets imo. But they require more folding.

For prefolds, how trim it is will depend on the size, specifically the width and thickness. Lots of people stuff with infant prefolds, which are more narrow and therefore trimmer. They are not as good for fastening around a chubby baby but are great stuffers! Cotton Babies prefolds have great reviews and free shipping on any quantity.

I use GMD mediums in my omnis but they are a tad bulky and my babe is bigger. The omni bamboo pod is trim but very spendy!
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

I think we're going to go with GAD for daycare. It's pretty straight forward, and I don't have to worry about adjusting leg elastics.

Thank you for all your help!!
workingdiaperingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #29
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingdiaperingmom View Post
I think we're going to go with GAD for daycare. It's pretty straight forward, and I don't have to worry about adjusting leg elastics.

Thank you for all your help!!
If you can get mediums that is the size that most children are in the longest.... I like the size 1 duos so smaller then once I get to Mediums size I feel okay going with sized.

Good Luck and you gave me some to think about.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #30
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a question about GAD diapers mamas, on the site greenacredesigns.com she's having a inventory reduction sale making diapers as low as $9./each, but on gadbaby.com they are all $15./each... What gives? Same company, same diapers yet no mention of the sale on one site? Hmm am I missing something? Lol oh and I was also wondering if anyone had any action shots of these on small babies? I may have to stock up for that price!