Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
My Mood:
Re: birth control

I had the Paragaurd IUD after Quinn. I knew I might not be done, but wanted something nonhormonal that would last a long time. I loved it. I had heavy cycles before kids and they did not get worse with it, so that was not a problem. I loved it. I could not feel it and neither could DH. It was fool proof for the 2 years I had it. I got pregnant the 2nd cycle I had it out.

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Hormonal BC isn't an option for me. Before I started charting, we used condoms and I kept a PlanB around just in case (never had to use it, thankfully). I'm trying to get in the habit of charting again now that DD is mostly sleeping through the night.

If your DH isn't thrilled about condoms, shop around. Visit an adult novelty shop and get one of a few different kinds to try, or even some of these online shops sell assortments. Kimono is our favorite - we have to order it but we order in bulk and a case lasts us a looooong time. It is about the only one that feels close to wearing nothing in our experience, and they've been super-reliable.
delladea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
Registered Users
I was super happy with Mirena. So happy I will be getting it again.

You have to remember, the most outspoken people are usually those with the negative review. I would be too in their shoes, but things can go wrong in any situation with most any BC. I swear every BC I've ever been on has a commercial on tv about calling a law firm if you have been injured or a loved one killed by X BC. Yes it would completely suck to be in that 1%. but there is still the population of 99% that are fine.

Personally, I think I hate condoms more than my DH lol and I don't want to remember to take a pill every day, nor mess with an inserted ring, etc. so an IUD is an awesome medical advancement I take advantage of.
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 03-17-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Registered Users

I just wanted to say I love my diaphragm. I was on BC pills for years and I hated them. When I wanted to get rid of hormonal birth control we went with a diaphragm. My husband could never use condoms, he hated them. But neither of use can feel the diaphragm when we are using it. I also make my own spermicide with aloe and lemon juice. This has been very effective for us, we used the diaphragm for a year before TTC, the month we started TTC we got pregnant. That told me that the spermicide and diaphragm were doing their job all that time. Our son is now two and we have been using the diaphragm since then and loving it. This month we decided to TTC again. I will say that you will need to wait until your swelling goes down. And if you lose or gain more than 10lbs you need to be refitted to make sure yours still fits. PM me if you have any questions.
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've tried pills, the shot, and mirena. I'm done with hormones so at my checkup I told them we're using condoms. They were 100% ok with that. Of course they were also assuming, like I was, since I was EBF that it wouldn't be an issue until at least 6 months. We were all wrong, my cycle started back at 9.5w PP...
sthomas1222 is offline   Reply With Quote