Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #181
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post

Point is, stuff gets done around my house. I am not on here complaining about things not getting done. It's that whole maturity/responsibility thing, KWIM?
Congratulations on your perfect marriage. I think there are other threads for those.

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #182
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:

Point is, stuff gets done around my house. I am not on here complaining about things not getting done. It's that whole maturity/responsibility thing, KWIM?
No, you're on here doing the exact thing that was complained about earlier, being derogatory toward a large group of people.

And generally, mature people don't take snarky shots at women that weren't in any way antagonistic as you did earlier. We get it, he-man complaining woman haters club.

How lovely for you to be able to be Atlas, not everyone works that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #183
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, men aren't the same as women. And we can't expect them to be able to do the same things we can. It just doesn't work that way. Now, there are def exceptions, but for the most part.

Dh works about 7am-7pm at his salaried job and since he is in finance and has the global forecast manager role every month he has to work at home at night. He supports us well and I am not going to demand or wish he would do more things around the house. The guy works really hard all day so I make sure the house is neat, dinner is mostly ready, and the kids are pretty much taken care of so he can relax. I have time during the day to relax during naps, I can make time in my day to get to the gym to work out, I can take as much time as I want for lunch. The poor guy can't do any of that. Some days he has 5 min to inhale his lunch between meetings.

Most women have it in their nature to be able to take care of the kids in an easier/quicker fashion. One Sat morning I got all 4 of the kids served breakfast (each of them wanting something different) in the same amount of time he got his breakfast. But, I have been getting then breakfast 5 days a week for the past almost 3 years so I'm pretty darn good at it.

I know the poor guy can be helpless and clueless and I can be left with his unable to do what I think he *should* be able to do, but it is what it is.....he is a male.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #184
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Honestly, men aren't the same as women. And we can't expect them to be able to do the same things we can. It just doesn't work that way. Now, there are def exceptions, but for the most part.

Dh works about 7am-7pm at his salaried job and since he is in finance and has the global forecast manager role every month he has to work at home at night. He supports us well and I am not going to demand or wish he would do more things around the house. The guy works really hard all day so I make sure the house is neat, dinner is mostly ready, and the kids are pretty much taken care of so he can relax. I have time during the day to relax during naps, I can make time in my day to get to the gym to work out, I can take as much time as I want for lunch. The poor guy can't do any of that. Some days he has 5 min to inhale his lunch between meetings.

Most women have it in their nature to be able to take care of the kids in an easier/quicker fashion. One Sat morning I got all 4 of the kids served breakfast (each of them wanting something different) in the same amount of time he got his breakfast. But, I have been getting then breakfast 5 days a week for the past almost 3 years so I'm pretty darn good at it.

I know the poor guy can be helpless and clueless and I can be left with his unable to do what I think he *should* be able to do, but it is what it is.....he is a male.
Which is totally fine if that's a situation you and your DH are happy with.

Not everyone is a SAHM, or has a DH who works long hours, ect ect. Every situation is different. Since we both work outside the home I expect my DH to do more around the house than I would if I were home.

But I think in general men definitely perceive the world differently, too.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #185
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

Last edited by Icryinbaseball; 02-02-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #186
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

The very issue with this thread (and it's repeated elsewhere in mainstream media) is that men are incapable fools. They aren't. Portraying them as such for the sake of "a good laugh" is only detrimental to the cause. Men and women are different, and for very good reasons. However, we are nonetheless equals.

Complaining about how "incapable" your husband is of taking the trash to the curb, so you pile up 12 bags of it? Just take the freaking trash out yourself - how incapable are you?

Good luck to you all in raising your sons to be capable men among your belief that men in society are "so I'll-equipped to even exist".
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #187
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I will, have fun that is, teaching my sons to be respectful enough to not allow their wife and children to live with bags of trash piled in their home, rather than help their wife by doing it. And to make them understand that the world does not revolve around them, to care about how their actions affect the ones they love, and to appreciate women, and all people, for what they do for them out of love.

Men are very capable. If they weren't, no one would complaining, it would just be acceptable behavior. THAT is the issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 01-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #188
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Once while baking I asked my husband to hand me the egg whites (I had separated the eggs, there was a bowl of yolks and a bowl of whites).

"Which ones are the whites again?"

nuff said.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #189
listalees
Registered Users
seller

I think that if the women here truly believed that the men in their lives were actually incapable of being more helpful around the house then they wouldn't be so angry. The fact of the matter is, even if men tend to have different priorities than women, they are still able bodied adults that are more than capable of operating washing machines, doing dishes and scrubbing toilets. Also, taking care of kids, keeping a clean house and preparing healthy meals is more than a full time job. Especially if one hopes for it to be done well. That means that if the male in the relationship is not involved in the maintenance of the household, everything is on the woman. If she is doing all of this without help from him, she will have much less sleep, much less downtime and no time to relax. If he shares the load, they will both have some time. So, if he decides not to help, the feeling is that his need to relax is more important than hers.
I am a woman that has been in both of these situations. When my DH and I first got married I did most the childcare and all the housework and cooking. I never went anywhere by myself, was sleep deprived all the time and felt so frustrated that he didnt care enough about my sanity to help me.
As time went on, we had more kids, he grew, I grew, our communication skills improved and now he is AWESOME!!! He is constantly involved in our kids, helps with housework and meals and most importantly, he maintains a concern for my well-being. If things are too much for me, he steps in. Likewise, if he has had a hard day, I try to let him relax and do nothing. We are sensitive and loving when it comes to the other's need for a break.
However, as someone who has been in the situation of having no help, and now the comparison, I can say that it is absolutely worth complaining about. Big time. Parenthood is so overwhelming and it makes it soooo much harder when you feel alone.
To those of you who are saying that you would never feel the need to vent like this, perhaps your situation just isn't the same. Yes, in a respectful, loving relationship this thread might not take place. However, if you were moving a giant pile of rocks from one side of the forest to the other, every day, while your hubby was napping in a hammock, every day, you might have a few things to say about it too.
listalees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #190
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
The very issue with this thread (and it's repeated elsewhere in mainstream media) is that men are incapable fools. They aren't. Portraying them as such for the sake of "a good laugh" is only detrimental to the cause. Men and women are different, and for very good reasons. However, we are nonetheless equals.

Complaining about how "incapable" your husband is of taking the trash to the curb, so you pile up 12 bags of it? Just take the freaking trash out yourself - how incapable are you?

Good luck to you all in raising your sons to be capable men among your belief that men in society are "so I'll-equipped to even exist".
I don't have TIME to do it myself. What am I doing on here if I don't have time? Rocking my son. I do not have enough hours in my day to cook breakfast for 6, make DHs lunch to take to work, make DD1s lunch to take to school, change diapers for 2 kids, do diaper laundry, hang diaper laundry to dry, pay bills, make lunch for the two kids and eye, pick up after them, cook dinner from scratch, cut apples for snacks, breastfeed a baby, who currently is fighting nursing etc etc etc...I CANNOT run a household of six by myself. If I am going to do something like let trash bags pile up, it's because I NEED my partner to help me.

My Dh works 10 hrs a day, and commutes an hour each way. I absolutely make sure that when he gets home, he has a chance to rest. But then I ask for help. Tonight he put away the girls laundry and every night he puts them to bed. But, if I hadn't asked, he wouldn't have put the laundry away. He would have left it on the table. I know, because the whole time we dated, he lived out of a clean clothes pile, rather than his drawers.

So, I ask, I sometimes nag, sometimes I whine. And sometimes I might just whine that he's I'll equipped to exist. Because even though I know he works hard, if he comes home, dinner's ready, and it's completely obvious that I am exhausted, I should be obvious that I need help and that the laundry hats folded up right in front of him would be a good place to start
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote