Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #21
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: guns & concealed carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
DH carries his in a holster that places the gun inside the back of his pants. The kids usually don't even realize he has it on, as once his shirt is on, you can't see it.
This and it's comfortable. Not noticeable at all and you can ensure it stays away from wandering hands. I'd feel uncomfortable with it in a bag as it could get dropped, be accessible to kids, etc. DH and I have been having this discussion and I feel more in control of pepper spray when out of the car. We always have something in the vehicle (legal here) and of course at home.

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #22
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by november
Here's a link to the Marilyn holster, btw. http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/...n-holster.html
I wish that would work for me.

*looks at chest*

...yeah it'd stick out like a sore thumb
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #23
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My fil carries on him like crimminal mind cast do.....
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post

I wish that would work for me.

*looks at chest*

...yeah it'd stick out like a sore thumb
I am looking at my DD's (double D's not daughters, just making sure as it looked funny.) and not sure I can pull that off either. I can carry over $1k in my bra though in 100's.

Alisha sent using my Samsung Galaxy II that thinks it is smarter then me.

Last edited by mommy2kaitlyn; 01-25-2013 at 08:05 AM.
mommy2kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't get my phone in my boobs much less a gun!!! Lol

Super loving this thread, I'm always scared to start a gun thread. DH wants me to get my concealed license, but DS doesn't have any way of understanding it's dangerous and purse carrying I can't do. DS is obsessed with digging in my purse to play with my wallet. I'm curious to see ideas too.

I don't love the idea of pepper spray either even though I do carry it. I don't have any other way to protect ourselves if we are for real attacked, but we don't go to dangerous areas so I'm not crazy worried. It's mostly for the large amount of bears in our area.

I have heard of men attacking women, being pepper sprayed, then going crazy and killing them when they didn't intend to at first. Also that people on drugs don't always respond to it either. Especially pcp.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #26
iceeholic
Registered Users

http://flashbangholster.com/ is another option. We joke that you could flash em then bang. I know lousy joke, but it's true. As others have stated make sure you are very comfortable before you start to carry.

I do not recommend a purse for all of the reasons stated above. There are several options. Hip carry, back carry, side carry. It is not always easy to find a holster that works at first so you see a lot of them for resale and sometimes you can get a good deal on them. Check firearm forums and ask for opinions there as well. There are always new and improved designs. If I do have to carry in my purse, there is a compartment I can lock should I have to set it down somewhere. This only happens at home or a friends house. I just use a backpack type purse and that helps. Crossbreed holsters has some great IWB holsters. I have two of them and they work great for me. It will also depend on the firearm you carry. My main carry is a full frame while I have a snub nose revolver as well. It all depends on what I wear as to which one I carry.

My kids assume I have it on me at all times. It has never been an issue. Even the baby has never tried to grab my firearm. I carry on my hip so when I nurse him on that side he is obviously near it, but it is tucked in with the trigger guarded so he wouldn't be able to pull it. He has never reached for it or anything. I don't know if it is because he has been raised with it that way or not.

We also recommend having a safe like this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 that helps. for vehicles. You can slide it under your seat and no one knows it is there. This is great if you have to run in somewhere you can't carry.

As always check your state laws to make sure you are doing things legally. Most people don't keep up with the laws or don't know them and that is when they get into trouble.

Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to be legal advise.

Hope that helps.
iceeholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i need to compent here to remember to come back! I have some recomendations and a good site to look at
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

subbing. dh wants me to get my cc. lotsa excellent chatter in here!
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Loving this thread!!

I'm now on my fourth pistol for my CCW, I've tried everything as far as concealment.

I do not rec a bag it should be on your person at all times. I did an ankle holster w my S&W j Frame .38 special and it's very heavy and a pain, also least desired carry position.

Just moved from a Galco inside the waist band leather holster for my sub compact auto-kahr, that was nice but you really need loose jeans.

I now have the flash bang and I'm in love! I'm using a S&W .22 magnum rim fire/air weight so it's super light. I'm always extremely paranoid when I have my piece in a bag. Thinking ill set it down somewhere and forget it, etc.

I have a ton of range x, and am taking the class that the cornered cat offers-super excited about that!

I just feel if you're gonna carry the gun must be on your person loaded and ready otherwise what's the point?

Do you know what gun you'll be carrying? I highly rec a small revolver, not much room for error/jamming which I've had happen w extremely reliable guns and ammo. Good luck, it's alot of fun but a HUGE responsibility.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #30
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also like my belly band for concealed carry. It is easy and cheap.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote