Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Any recommendations for a lower back holster? If i can find shirts long enough I think I'd like to carry there.

Alicia + A = E + M and C
I shop at Mom's Milk Boutique
Using Swagbucks to earn paypal and amazon gift cards!.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: guns & concealed carry

I appreciate the insight on carrying while nursing- that was one of my biggest concerns about carrying on my body... especially with the Marilyn & the FlashBang. I think I'm still going to look for a purse that I feel I can safely carry (locking gun compartment and slash-proof cross body strap), but I am going to pursue a body holster- likely behind the hip. I'm still kicking around which gun I'm going to carry. (DH has a small armory, so I can kind of take my pick!) We've been going out to the range so I can try each one & see which one I am most comfortable with.
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #33
Registered Users

Just because you have your concealed carry obviously doesn't mean you have to carry, but it will give you the option should the need arise and give you time to go on " test runs" with it in different spots to see what works and what doesn't. My husband and I have this Convo a lot recently and at first I was " bag" but thinking more into it its the most "inconvenient and possibly the most dangerous" my husband pretty much veto ed that option from the beginning. They have YouTube videos ( have other more "legit" too) about holsters and their downfalls to being in certain locations vs others.
Selling my turbofire workout program $50
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I know plenty of women who keep them in them in their purse. My DH has his concealed weapon permit and I know he would love if I got one too. Like you I wouldn't want it on my body. I honestly can't think of anywhere I could keep it with having small children around. They go through the diaper bag in public, it spills out, I wouldn't want it on spot seems safe. And this is coming from a pro gun person. I just see my DD2 grabbing it out of the diaper bag while I'm helping DD1 up a slide and waving it around at the playground...
This is exactly what I was going to say. My dh also has a concealed carry permit and he would love it if I got mine but I am not that comfortable carrying a gun but I do go shooting with him at the range. Dh even talked about me keeping one in the car but I just feel like there is still too much of a chance with the kids crawling around in there that I don't want to risk it. I also wouldn't keep it in the diaper bag but like you said a smaller bag/purse that you could grab real quick and maybe put other stuff in. My kids are constantly going through the diaper bag looking for snacks so I wouldn't want it in there but they have never touched my regular purse.
Tara SAHM to L 5/07 H 1/09 C 2/12

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote