Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #41
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Five days ago my daughter requested a hair cut... *before pic added

It looks super cute!!!

However, I am going to be in the minority, and I don't think I could let her do it, until she was much older. And if she did when she was older, I would support, but seriously go to the bathroom and bawl. I have hair issues. For now, my answer if she wanted anything more than a trim would be no.

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #42
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love it! I dont think it looks boyish at all. I think its stinkin adorable!!! Id totally allow it on my DD...mine barely has any hair yet though lol
Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #43
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
It looks super cute!!!

However, I am going to be in the minority, and I don't think I could let her do it, until she was much older. And if she did when she was older, I would support, but seriously go to the bathroom and bawl. I have hair issues. For now, my answer if she wanted anything more than a trim would be no.
Same here. My answer would be no.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #44
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just let my 6 yo dd. it was getting pretty long and its page boy length now. She asked for a month and I took her. It looks adorable. She says she wants it shorter. I told her to give it a couple if weeks and we would go back if she still did. I may show her this oic...it's super cute on your daughter! I figure its only hair and it will grow back lol
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so cute!
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #46
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She looks adorable and SO happy!

I don't know if I'd let my daughter cut her hair. I LOVE DD's long hair. I can't imagine cutting it but I know at some point she will want to.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #47
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
There are some differing opinions in our extended family. So interesting. I agree that allowing my daughter to form opinions and act on them is important and this was a big step for her.

Those that wouldn't let their daughters cut their hair short might have a lot more of their identity wrapped up in their daughters than they realize. I felt it and turned away from it but it was difficult.

It was fun to share this little milestone with everyone. Thanks for all of the interesting and complimentary comments!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #48
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
There are some differing opinions in our extended family. So interesting. I agree that allowing my daughter to form opinions and act on them is important and this was a big step for her.

Those that wouldn't let their daughters cut their hair short might have a lot more of their identity wrapped up in their daughters than they realize. I felt it and turned away from it but it was difficult.

It was fun to share this little milestone with everyone. Thanks for all of the interesting and complimentary comments!
This isn't always true. I would let my dd cut her hair in a shorter style, but just not this style. She has super curly hair like mine and it wouldn't lay nicely like your dd's hair. I would let her do a super cute shorter style bob, but a pixie cut and curly hair doesn't work.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #49
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

seeing the before and after I would have done a short bob but either way she is freeking cute!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #50
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post

When I was a kid, my mom was always SUPER paranoid when I got a haircut that it would be "too short" (I always had long hair, so I don't know why). Although I don't think she was conscious of it, she was incredibly wrapped up in my conforming to her idea of what a little girl "should" look like.

As a result, haircuts were extremely traumatic for me throughout childhood and young adulthood, and even though I now prefer a chin-length bob, I STILL sometimes have anxiety when I get my hair cut. It sounds ridiculous, I know. I don't think moms realize how much their own baggage regarding their daughters' looks can affect their daughters.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote