Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
The Saga of taking the test....

So a certain someone woke up at 3 am. She goes to pee. Of course this would be the first "morning pee". IF the unnamed person were going to test... they should do it now. Of course they remembered that the tests were not upstairs... Given the dire need to test in secret... they took a cap off a body spray and peed a little mid-stream in it. Classy right?
Then they go downstairs cap of pee in hand to find the diaper bag where they hid the tests after purchase so nobody would see them. OF course the diaper bag is nowhere to be seen. So they go out to the car in their pj's with the cap of pee still in hand to search for the tests. After rifling through the diaper bag and finally dumping all it's contents... the test is not there.
Where can it be? Dh took the baby yesterday and the diaper bag! Did he find the test? What did he do with them?
So back upstairs to quietly look in every inch of the bathroom. Not in the drawers, cabinets, or medicine cabinet! Cap of precious pee still in hand... the unnamed person heads back down stairs. They had bought groceries so maybe the tests somehow ended up in the kitchen. So they are not in the kitchen. She can't however reach the top cupboard to rummage through that. So still trying to be quiet rather than go outside and into the garage to get a stool... She climbs on top of the dryer and looks in the pantry cupboards above the washer and dryer. Nothing. Then she quietly takes a chair from the dinning room into the kitchen to look in the cabinets above the fridge.
So she thinks maybe while refilling the diaper bag her Dh found them... So every diaper on the changing table is moved around in hopes of finding the test. Finally into the Livingroom... she see shopping bag on the floor ... There it is 1/2 sticking out from under the couch! Nope... it's an errant bag with just 2 things of printer ink. She puts it on the couch and sees... something behind the couch cushion... could it be...YES her 2 tests!
Uh Oh... she has somehow lost her cap of pee! Back into the kitchen, she finds it safely sitting on the dryer. So the pee goes on to the test and the cap is washed. Hands are washed. Wait wait wait... Negative.
And that is how you waste 1 hour in the middle of the night only to leave the test on the top of the trash and the wrapper on the counter.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Saga of taking the test....

I once peed into a dixie cup and put it in the fridge on a paper plate (because I've read that was refrigerating pee slows down the degradation of HCG) and ran to the store to get pregnancy tests.

I found out I was expecting my oldest that day, so it was worth it
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Oh the things we do at 3 am LOL!! I love losing the urine that is exactly something I would do! Did DH find the wrapper??
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
Oh the things we do at 3 am LOL!! I love losing the urine that is exactly something I would do! Did DH find the wrapper??
Of course...And he says "So... that's a negative? " and then "How did you find them? I hid them behind the cushion because I had DS bring me diapers and I didn't want him to see them yesterday?"

Of course it's not a real "NO"... I tested early because I didn't want to wait till Monday. I didn't want to tell him results one way or the other on April Fool's Day.

I think I'm done testing. I'll just wait till I feel the urge to push before I test.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Of course...And he says "So... that's a negative? " and then "How did you find them? I hid them behind the cushion because I had DS bring me diapers and I didn't want him to see them yesterday?"

Of course it's not a real "NO"... I tested early because I didn't want to wait till Monday. I didn't want to tell him results one way or the other on April Fool's Day.

I think I'm done testing. I'll just wait till I feel the urge to push before I test.
As if he has no clue how persistent a woman can be when she wants to know if she's pregnant yet.... I bet he was just waiting for you to come asking if he has seen them!!
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lol, mama. Men just don't get it, do they? Your story cracks me up, though, because I would totally do the same thing :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
1healthylady
Registered Users

Haha. Thanks for the entertaining play by play. Fwiw, 2nd morning urine gave me the best results. I had a ton of the cheap wondfo tests and I liked seeing that BFP, so I kept testing.

From the phone.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hehe, I always seem to wake at 4 or 5 to pee. So when I know I'll be testng, I keep a dixie cup on the back of the toilet.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Thanks for the laugh!! I could picture the whole thing out In my head.

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That's great!

So, did you test again?
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote