Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Mine always tested onenot the other level for my thyroid. One would be fairly ok but other all over especially when I was pregnant and that was what threw us post on my oldest.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: thyroid problems & infertility?

You should be HAPPY you did not get pregnant with a messed up thyroid - it can cause serious birth defects. I would get it checked out, they will regulate everything and then you can have happy healthy babies!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom had me, developed hyper, had a misacrriage, got pregnant with my sis and carried fine, had radioactive treatment that killed her thyroid, started life-long meds, had another miscarriage.....both miscarriage were supposed blighted ovums, btw, so maybe not thyroid related?

My friend also has had thyroid issues since 12yrs. She has had 3 successful pregnancies and no losses that I know of, but she does have to up her thyroid meds and take progesterone treatments starting the first trimester...I think by ab 6 wks.

Good luck! Hope all is well and you have another healthy pregnancy and baby.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
chickeedoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I found out about my thyroid condition when we first started trying. If your thyroid is low, you cannot carry to term. I had blood draws every six weeks of my pg, and my meds were adjusted accordingly. Carried healthy baby to 42 weeks I'll be on meds forever. But it's not a big deal. One little pill on an empty stomach. It did take about a year for my thyroid levels to stop changing after my pg, but it's just a small blood draw. I don't find it a problem. Good luck!!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have had thyroid problems since before I had children. I have not had a miscarriage. It took 8 months to get BFP with my first. 3years of trying (no protection, timed BD) to get BFP with second. I also have PCOS, which causes infertility, but it wasn't diagnosed until after my first child.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
becky1231
Registered Users

I have an underactive ( hypo ) thyroid and I had 3 healthy pregnancies. I got my levels checked twice during pregnancy. I had to have my meds upped a couple times during each of my pregnancies but I had no problems conceiving or carrying to term.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
sthomas1222
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have Graves', was severely hyperthyroid at diagnosis. Was euthryoid for 2 years. Conceived and immediately went hypothyroid. At 2 months PP checkup I still needed my synthroid. We'll see if that effects us TTC #2 in about 10 months...
sthomas1222 is offline   Reply With Quote