Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Safe to use on CDs?

DD has had a rash since birth (4 weeks old) so her pediatrician had me pick-up a compounded cream of Aquaphor, Maalox, and cornstarch from the pharmacy to use as a barrier and prescribed hydrocortisone cream to use twice a day. Are these safe to use while CDing or do I need to buy disposables?

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Safe to use on CDs?

i don't think that is safe, you could try a disposable liner.

What else have you tried for the rash? I really like GSE for rashes, 10-15 drops per oz in distilled (or at least filtered) water. (use with cloth wipes or papertowel - something to can dip in or sm spray bottle). It really cleared up the rashes for us. I also like to use lanolin on bum (like what you get for nipples when bf) that is cloth safe.

Other than that I use what we use on our bodies which is 3pt Sunflower seed oil (or extra virgin olive oil) to 1pt caster oil (for healing properties), also cloth safe.

Good Luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
i don't think that is safe, you could try a disposable liner.

What else have you tried for the rash? I really like GSE for rashes, 10-15 drops per oz in distilled (or at least filtered) water. (use with cloth wipes or papertowel - something to can dip in or sm spray bottle). It really cleared up the rashes for us. I also like to use lanolin on bum (like what you get for nipples when bf) that is cloth safe.

Other than that I use what we use on our bodies which is 3pt Sunflower seed oil (or extra virgin olive oil) to 1pt caster oil (for healing properties), also cloth safe.

Good Luck
I totally forgot about disposable liners. I think we already have some.
We use cloth wipes w/ plain water. I added baby shampoo to the water to see if that would help more than the plain water but no luck. I've used coconut oil, lanolin, cj's butter, and even talc-free powder-none have helped. We change hourly or sooner if we notice she's had a BM. I've also been bathing her nightly this last week to see if that would improve things but it hasn't.

Since I just ought the creams, I'll try those using disposable liners and see if they work. If not, I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, the aquaphor have petroleum jelly in it I believe.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Luck. I think GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) is about the best thing ever!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote