Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Rear facing in a subaru forester

I need to get a carseat that can rearface in my parents Subaru. I want something that I can rear face my daughter in as long as possible. I just bought a Myride for my car but haven't installed it yet.

I am concerned because the Subaru recommends not installing in the middle seat. What seat rearfacing will have enough room to go behind a seat? Also which seat is the safest to place it behind?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Rear facing in a subaru forester

What year is the Forester? The body style changed in '09, giving them a roomier interior. We tested our Evenflo Triumph in an '08 & an '09 when we were car shopping. It easily fit in the '09, but the seat needed to be way forward in the '08.

IFAIK, b/c I was reading the manual for the Forester a month or so ago for an install, you can install in the center position, but you may not borrow the outboard anchors. We had DD RFing in the passenger side w/o problems. We have a lot of inclement weather here, & neither DP nor I were about to make that wrestling with the seat experience any longer by doing a center install. My thought was that the seat is safe, the car has amongst the highest safety ratings, and I'm more likely to get a correct install with LATCH, so that's what we did. She's now FFing outboard as well--again, primarily b/c I feel more confident in my ability to install correctly in that position.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rear facing in a subaru forester

The car is a 2011. I'm thinking I'll install behind. The passenger seat. I wish I could go to te store and try the seats in the car, but I can't here.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote