Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was on the TTC board on theBump and their cloth diapering board got me interested and lead me here. I haven't been on theBump in over a year though, I love it here.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Re: How did you come to use cloth...

My husband and I are both work a lot and he asked me when I was pregnant if I would consider cloth diapering. I thought he was insane and I would never have time to be a mom, a wife, a doctor, and cloth diaperer. Needless to say, I started with sposies and daughter developed a bad rash at about two weeks old and my mom suggested that I stop using baby wipes and try LuSa Baby Wipe Juice. I did and loved it. When my daughter was about 3 months old, I read a book about healthy eating, called "Feeding Baby Green". There was a brief aside in the book about cloth diapering and I decided that maybe it was worth a try. I started with a BG Freetime and a OS Charlie Banana. Now CDing is a total addiction (an obsessive hobby you could say). I've kinda worked backwards, starting with pockets, then moving to AIOs and now to prefolds, fitteds, and covers :-) Maybe I'll try flats next!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
mbusd03
Registered Users

I follow Krazy Coupon Lady on Facebook and one day she posted a deal that Zuilily was offering on Charlie Banana's. I was intrigued(even after reading through some of the rude comments about cloth diapering and about how $13 for a diaper was not a good deal, lol) and so I started doing research...i thought, "What is this cloth diapering thing she speaks of???" I was about 10 weeks along with my DS so I had plenty of time to research and I've been hooked ever since. The first diapers I bought were 2 Bonnibuns from Babysteals. The first diaper DS ever wore was a GMD nb workhorse with a BSWW. I wish I had known about modern cloth diapers with my first!
mbusd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #24
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaVB
When I was pregnant I was looking around at some pregnancy/parenting blogs. I noticed one had mentioned cloth diapers but I never even looked at the post until I was bored one day and thought to check it out. Cloth diapering was nothing like what I had expected to read. After a good bit more research I was convinced that cloth diapering wasn't all that difficult and I loved all the colors and print options.
Same for me. I don't know anybody from my friends or family (in Europe) that would use CD.
My mom told me I was crazy and that I would give up after two weeks...
I had a hard time convincing DH to use CD but finally he agreed and now (after having used CD on DD1 from 8mo to PT 19mo, and on DD2 from birth until now,she's 14mo), he said its great bc saves money And it's environmental friendly.

First diapers I bought was a sample package of BG, FB, flips, econobums from cotton babies because it was the first website that came up on google when I did my research and had good explanation about CD.

I couldn't understand the concept of fitteds until a couple of months ago - the whole thing getting wet it was disgusting to me! Now I loooove fitteds for night (thank you Becky from bumstoppers!) and we have a whole stash of BGE for day. And I'm soooo insanely excited to be CD DD3 at the hospital from day 1 in may! (fingers crossed...)
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #25
holocene
Registered Users

We wanted to have a natural (as possible) baby. So for us it was just research that brought us to cloth.

♡ evah - mama to sam & ari.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
holocene
Registered Users

My first diapers were bummis organic cotton prefolds & KL0's. Next was BGE's.

♡ evah - mama to sam & ari.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #27
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was always interested in cloth but knew nothing but prefolds or flats and I wasn't ready for that challenge. A friend of my sil used gdiapers and decided to sell her stash when her dd potty trained. They were terrible...horrible ammonia and constant leaks. I also got 2 Happy Flute pockets and my love was born.

I still can't believe some of the dumb questions I asked back then.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #28
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had considered it when i was pg with ds2 but when i was looking online at diapers the sticker shock was crazy to me. i thought you had to spend $15+ per diaper so i decided not to. well when he was about 6 weeks old and i joined a AP playgroup many of the moms was using cloth so i went on ebay and bought some kushies. well i used it once, it was bulky, it leaked and nevver used them again. so one of the moms gave me some flats and covers and it went from there. joined DS and the first thing i bought on the old DS site was a babyology soaker. the rest is history, this is the 3rd baby in cloth.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

A friend of mine tried cloth diapers and really liked it overall, but her LO has such a sensitive bum she ended up not getting the washing down before just needing to go back to 'sposies. Anyway, she said I should at least think about it.

After looking into how much money we would save, and still worrying about how we were going to live after my unemployment ran out, that was the deciding factor for us. We started with a Grobaby lot, and also got some newborn prefolds and simple covers for the first month or two. I still love Grovia stuff, and have a good stash to start this new LO off with!

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #30
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really dont know. I wasn't raised around cloth and I didn't know babies using cloth when I was preggo...I guess I just saw ti around here and there and it seemed like the thing to do. My first was gerber prefolds and thirsties covers.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote