Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was in cloth nappys and so was my two younger brothers. I didnt do well with flats though and was a single mum with my first for a while so he was in sposies until he was 8 months.
I then joined the Nappy Network which is our local forum and started making my own pockets and fitteds. Been doing that ever since.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #42
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How did you come to use cloth...

2 of my Aunts, who I admired, used cloth. My first diapers were Gerber prefolds & plastic pants.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #43
sharper75
Registered Users
seller

I honestly can't remember. I think I started going green and then figured I may as well go cloth. Started with prefolds and thirsties covers.
sharper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #44
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

To be honest, I thought they were something only weird crunchy people did at first. Our friends used them from birth with their son born the same week as our daughter, and I was just mystified. Then another friend had a baby and started using them, and my sister (who's 7 years older than I am and was on her last kid) decided to buy 12 BG off of CL to reduce her trash output, and when I saw my sister using them, I was like, "Oh . . . those ARE easy."

Plus once DD1 was 8 months old, I stopped working, and I figured that I had the time to do diaper laundry, so why not. I also cancelled our cleaning service at this time because I figured part of my job as a SAHM was to reduce our costs.

I didn't become addicted to CDs until I was pregnant with DD2, though! All those cute NB diapers . . .
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #45
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had thought about trying cloth when I was pregnant with B but the "eww" factor and upfront investment were big turn-offs. My older two had issues and sensitivities with disposables. We ended up not CDing him. When K was about four months old and growing out of the one or two diapers that B had no issues with I decided to make the switch because so many of the moms in my DDC were cloth diapering their babies. K was 4 months and B was over 2 but still in diapers full time when we made the switch. I kicked myself for not starting sooner!

K's first CD was a small Thirsties Fab fitted with thirsties cover. I don't remember what B's was. Kissaluvs fitted, maybe?

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #46
lbookwalter
Registered Users
seller

I wanted to use cloth before I was even pregnant. Once I found out I was expecting, I started researching and buying diapers. I mostly bought bg's. I now use a mix of bg's and itti bittis. I can't imagine using a diaper I threw away all the time!
lbookwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #47
Jnoel717
Registered Users

My Mood:

Some of my mom friends on FB used cloth when our babies were little. I wanted to try it and ran it by my DH when I was pg with my 2nd DS and he was all for it. He would be an eco-terrorist if he could, so the eco-friendliness of it hooked him and he's loving both the money savings and the fact that he never has to run out in the middle of the night to buy sposies. I love the fact that he doesn't say a thing when I keep getting new packages in the mail because he knows that I don't hold onto my diapers long. I sell some diapers off every time I get tired of them and want something new. I have no idea how much I've spent, but it's still less than if we were using sposies!
Jnoel717 is offline   Reply With Quote