View Poll Results: Would your DH/SO take your child into the hospital?
Yes, of course 158 91.86%
No Way 2 1.16%
Only if it was something really serious 9 5.23%
Other 3 1.74%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Would your DH/SO go to the hospital?

Um, of course he would. He has in fact. I would seriously freak out on him if he pulled that sort of situation described in the OP

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post

If I am understanding the situation described in the OP, the OP was hosting a party so one parent needed to stay to host while the other went with the injured child to the ER. I can't imagine a father refusing to do either and forcing his child to wait in pain for his emotional convenience. He would have to have a bonified mental disorder of some sort for that to even be considered. Even then, I'd start calling the parents of the teens and explaining the situation so the party could end early.
That is exactly what happened, he wouldn't go to the hospital with the 5yr old and also refused to stay at home alone with the party kids. My friend tried to call the parents but wouldn't get a hold of them, there were maybe 7 kids at the party so it's not like it was a HUGE party.

I just can't wrap my head around this, it's so foreign to me. Of course we decided on a case by case basis here who goes to the hospital and who stays home with the other kids but my DH would never refuse to do either.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is one of those questions that hadn't even occurred to me could be asked, until reading this.

Yes, my husband would go to the hospital. He goes to all well child pediatrician checks, all sick appts, takes the dogs to the vet when needed, and does other decent, human activities.

I must be in a mood today, but this makes me really sad for this woman, and the 5 year old with a broken foot who had to wait three hours because her dad's a jerk.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely. Although, I would always take them b/c I'm a hyper/severe overprotective mother.

I am absolutely flabbergasted and really don't know what to say about your friends dh.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
With 4 boys, we have frequent ER trips . My husband is always the one to take the sick/injured kid to the hospital, unless he's out of town for work obviously. The only kid he won't take is DS4, and that's only because he's 2 months old and EBF (no bottles).

Personally, I would lose all respect for my husband if he did what the guy in the OP did!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
The man OP is referring to in her original post is a complete jerk! I can't believe he didn't take her or stay and watch the party. Anyways, DH hates hospitals and doctors so he prefers not to take the kids but if needed he would go.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
cbreeding
Registered Users

Of course if a child needed to go to the hospital, DH could and would, especially if I could not take them. Personally I would prefer to be the one to do it because he is not very detailed oriented and forgets a lot of what he is told (unless he writes it down) but he would not hesitate to step in and do what's needed.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
This is one of those questions that hadn't even occurred to me could be asked, until reading this.

Yes, my husband would go to the hospital. He goes to all well child pediatrician checks, all sick appts, takes the dogs to the vet when needed, and does other decent, human activities.

I must be in a mood today, but this makes me really sad for this woman, and the 5 year old with a broken foot who had to wait three hours because her dad's a jerk.
I honestly couldn't agree with you more, I was astounded by her husbands selfishness. I can't believe she just accepted it, I honestly would have left him at the party.

My first question is what would he do if something serious happened to one of the kids while he was alone with them? Would he take them to the hospital or call 911 and go with them

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
Madame Medina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, my DH would and has taken the kids to the Dr/Urgent Care/ER. Though is it's the ER we prefer to go together. He's great at staying calm and I'm confidante if needed that he would make sound medical decisions for the kids with out me being there.
But honestly he prefers I go mainly because he hates waiting. He says it makes him feel helpless. He's the type that just wants to fix it and make it all better.
The New Spring Catalog is HERE! For every $31 you spend in March get your choice of seven totes at 50% OFF! Thirty-One Gifts All DS mama's who host a catalog party with me earn DOUBLE in Free Hostess Credit. Looking to earn some extra money? Join my team in March and get your kit for FREE. Ask me how.
Madame Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #20
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
yes. My DH would, definitely.

We prefer to go together for those types of things, so we both can hear all the info. But if we couldn't for whatever reason, yes, absolutely, he would take the kids if they needed to go.

Now, my DH's definition of an emergency may be different than mine.... but that is another thread. LOL
So true!!

My husband would absolutely take them or stay with the other kids if an ER visit was really needed. It would take a lot for us to go to the ER. We prefer to call our dr or go to the urgent care in town. We have 6 kids (oldest is 7) and have only been to the ER twice.