View Poll Results: Would your DH/SO take your child into the hospital?
Yes, of course 158 91.86%
No Way 2 1.16%
Only if it was something really serious 9 5.23%
Other 3 1.74%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #61
Blossom of Snow
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Would your DH/SO go to the hospital?

Absolutely! If it's an emergency we'll go together, unless circumstances need one of us to stay home. He will even take off work early or go in late to help me take the kids to doctor appts (we only have 1 car). He took DS to his 4 month checkup by himself since DD was sick and needed to stay home. My DH is just as involved in the care and health of our children as I am.

DH has even taken our cats to the vet by himself!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #62
mousemommyx4
Registered Users
seller

Yep! He'd do whatever was necessary.
mousemommyx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #63
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I already commented...but I wanted to add

I dh is responsible for the emergency, especially if he was doing something stupid then HE has to take the kid

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #64
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Last edited by Icryinbaseball; 02-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #65
PBAki
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Just few weeks ago we went to the ER not once but twice within a week. DD1 (almost 6) had a severe earache and since it was around 10pm I took her as my wife was already sleeping with our newborn then. But two days later DD2 starts to have breathing issues (RSV we found out later) so all of us went in the afternoon for that.

I guess for children's sake we don't really think about who does that part. Although I wouldn't complain with all of us going as we tend to do a lot of things together
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #66
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My SO absolutely would!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #67
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Mine definitely would go. Of course I'd prefer that I go because I take care of her the most but he's taking her to her doctor's appointment to get her MMR shot next week because I have my daycare. I wish it was me going but he's smart and has a good memory and will say everything I tell him to and I think it's good for her to bond with him more. Now I just have to teach him how to put her in her carseat first...
But my husband has been to the ER lots of times with work injuries, and my miscarriage. He handles things quite well. On monday I had a long ultrasound at the hospital and he came with our daughter and took care of her for an hour in the waiting room.
That father is a jerk to make his daughter wait like that. How selfish. I wouldn't put up with it.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 01-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #68
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I voted "Only if it was something really serious " because (and I hope hubby doesn't read this), well, he kind of panics. I didn't realize this until a couple months ago, but his brain turns to complete mush.

We came home from work one day and our baby was vomiting. I knew it wasn't normal, and he kept vomiting every 10 minutes though he hadn't had food or water. I told hubby to get on the phone to the nurse and find out if they were open. He called the nurse hotline and they told him to take our baby to a clinic over an hour away! We live in a MAJOR urban area and would have passed at least a dozen clinics and hospitals between our home and this particular clinic. But I was busy with the vomit and was sitting in the back of the car, trying to keep our baby propped in his carseat so he wouldn't choke. Hubby should have known going to that clinic was ridiculous, but he just started driving. After our baby was dry heaving I yelled at him to just go to X street because there was a hospital there. Hubby was so upset and nervous he went the complete wrong direction and finally yelled that he had no idea where X street was (which is insane, we LIVE here!). No joke, we drove around for nearly an hour because he kept getting lost and turned around. We actually ended up back at our house and I had to give him turn by turn directions to the hospital where we gave birth!

I really considered killing him that night. I know he was just nervous because our baby was sick, but I had gotten into the car thinking that I was handling the puking baby and he was handling the driving. Of course he felt awful and embarrassed. It was a huge wake-up-call for me as a mom, I never thought he could lose his wits like that, but he did. So now I trust him to want to take our kid to the hospital, but it will take a lot for me to trust him actually doing it alone now.

Last edited by Palooka; 01-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #69
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Of course he would go. He'll do anything for our girls.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #70
Angel89411
Banned

Of course he would go. He is their father and cares greatly for their well being. Heck, being such a great dad is his saving grace some days. *cough*today*cough*
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote