Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: So I got bored....

Have you tried contacting a non reselling/re-branding company to see what they would say or send to you? Like asking Fuzzibunz or Cottonbabies? Then you could compare what they have to what an ALVA reseller has to say.

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'll just guess a big fat no Like March said, PUL alone is required to have all the testing mentioned and would be cost prohibitive.

Even with XRF testing you're still paying a lot for diapers that cost only few dollars.

It's like asking how the same diapers are imported. I highly doubt Alva diapers come in large containers. That'll mean customs. They'll never be able to pass it through the country. How they are getting around it I won't discuss it here but considering the cost of testing for CPSIA compliance they're probably just doing business using loopholes.

Which of course is both unethical and illegal. It's the same business model that counterfeiters use to import potentially dangerous products whether or not it's going to affect the end user. Billions worth of products are seized by customs and these laws really there are to keep people safe. Guess I can't wrap my head around people that want to take a chance with such product on your baby is all.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Can you check with the CPSIA people? They should have something on file, you'd think.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Emailing Cotton Babies as we speak. Good idea!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Can you check with the CPSIA people? They should have something on file, you'd think.
In theory but the way they are imported and there's no record of such compliance response in the past, they are simply imported illegally bypassing any requirement. Otherwise the fame to claim the 'largest cloth diaper manufacturer' would rave about their quality and certification.

Not to mention if they were legally imported, there would be a large distributor selling to retailers across the country.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote