Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you have a Subaru

Any model and any year

What seats do you have & love in it?

Name your model.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you have a Subaru

We have an '08 Legacy, and the only thing that would fit well in it rearfacing was a Roundabout. We haven't tried any of the newer models of car seats, though. Our girls are really tall, so anything that can fit in it rf'ing doesn't work for them long term. FF'ing, we've used Nautilus with no issues. Nothing we've tried will really work in the center seat because it humps. And I think the manual says not to use the middle seat, but I'm not 100% sure. We haven't needed it, so we haven't looked into it too much.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

We fit a rear facing myryide65 in a 2009 Subaru Outback with no issues. It was a bit tough when ds was at a full 45 degree angle because there wasn't much leg room in the front passenger seat, but I didn't really mind and dh always drives so it didn't affect him. But for a more upright install, it was fine. We eventually traded it in for a van because we wanted extra seats for family and friends, but we both still miss that wagon a lot.

I've also had myride65s rear facing in a 2006 Subara Tribeca. No issues there either. It was a super easy install in the middle row!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2008 Impreza... rear-facing we used a Roundabout (the old/original one) til it expired. Had to turn her FF in the Marathon (not primary car) at that point (she was over 2). Now she's in a Nauti and DS is in a backless booster. Had to swap out because neither the Nauti as a booster or the Parkway hbb would fit once he was about 4' tall. The headrests hit the side/roof of the car. NO visibility and obviously a tilted seat was bad.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
Belle1002
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have 2 Evenflo Symphony 65s in my '09 Legacy. They were both RFing until late summer (turned FF due to reaching RF height in their seats). I felt a little scrunched in the front but it was tolerable.

Loving life with our very energetic 2 year old b/g twins!
Belle1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did the KF30 & Triumph (LX & 65) RFing, a Frontier85 & the Triumph FFing. I have an 04 Impreza & DP an 09 Forester. RFing in the Impreza was really tight, but I love the Forester!
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Danielle0407
Registered Users

I've done a classic MA FF and RF in an early 90's subaru legacy. Also a true fit rearfacing.
I recently helped a friend with her baby trend bucket seat in the middle of a late 90's legacy. She had to do a 3 across with her 2 older kiddos in boosters, besides being a pain to buckle for the big kids, it worked out fine.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #8
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have a '11 Forester and have an Evenflo Triumph Advance rear facing and I hate it. The seats curve up so it is hard to turn the knob that tightens the straps. I have to reach across the seat to the inside knob if I want to tighten it. This is hard b/c I'm short, so unusually leave the straps tightened and just unbuckle DS to get him out (instead of loosening straps), then just buckle him in next trip (obv tightening if needed). DD is front facing in her ETA and it works fine.

ETA - love the Forester though!! Engine is a little gutless, but drives really well and great visibility.

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 2. Love our Subarus! Details listed below:

2005 Outback wagon
RF Britax Marathon 70
FF Britax Frontier 85

2010 Legacy 4dr sedan
RF Radian XTSL - this one would not fit in my Outback so we moved it to DH's car. It is our go to travel seat though and I love it although DH hates it.

FF Britax Frontier 85
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I've installed a Nauti in a 2011 (I think, or 2010) Forester. I've installed Nautis (we've had them for 4+ years) in tons of cars and it definitely sucked the most in the Forester and Impreza compared to Mazdas, Chystler, etc.