Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Desperate for help

Out of nowhere (two weeks ago) my almost 4 month old started screaming every time I try to nurse her. She will fuss and get upset like she wants to nurse then when I try she will latch on and pull off screaming over and over. Its the only way she has ever fallen asleep with the exception of a few rare occasions in the swing etc etc. When I finally do get her to sleep (I basically have to stand and force her to nurse while bouncing her hard, or put her in carrier and walk around the house for 20 minutes), she only stays asleep for a short period of time and it all starts over again. I have a two year old and a house, pets etc etc. I just don't know what's going on. I have tried:
Cutting out dairy (about 4 days)
Zantac for reflux
Tylenol
Teething tablets
Amber necklace
Colic calm
Passing her to someone else
Bottles
Wet nursing

If she took a bottle I would just give her that. But she won't. I'm lost, and about ready to have a nervous breakdown. Its so upsetting that I can't nurse my baby. She obviously is extremely uncomfortable/in pain when I try. Before this started she was a happy, easy baby. She would nurse to sleep and I would put her down and move on with my day. Help!!!!!!

Advertisement

Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

Re: Desperate for help

First off I feel terrible for you and hope you can figure something out!!! Second you are gonna need to cut out dairy for a bit longer I would think...I have read it takes up to 2 weeks to get it out of your system...I def could be wrong though! Good luck lots of smart mamas here to help you out!!
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hugs! I know the feeling. When my guy refuses to nurse it has always been because he had an ear infection.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

OK I forgot to add, I had her checked for ear infections twice. I know it will take longer with the dairy but I had a setback (relative telling me there was no dairy in food I was eating). And I have also tried gas drops.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote