Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Zabi Baby bamboo flats $$$ ?

Do these diapers really cost $12.99 for just 1 flat diaper? I think I'm reading that right but that sounds insanely spendy for a flat! Any comments on these if anyone uses them? I like the idea of a flat that stretches a little. They would be convenient for traveling, but I don't know if I would save $$ over disposables at that price. (I would only use them while traveling & would have to do laundry at RV parks to avoid using sposies).

Here's the web link:
http://www.zabibaby.com/product/zabi...o-flat-diapers

Advertisement

Annedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annedee View Post
Do these diapers really cost $12.99 for just 1 flat diaper? I think I'm reading that right but that sounds insanely spendy for a flat! Any comments on these if anyone uses them? I like the idea of a flat that stretches a little. They would be convenient for traveling, but I don't know if I would save $$ over disposables at that price. (I would only use them while traveling & would have to do laundry at RV parks to avoid using sposies).

Here's the web link:
http://www.zabibaby.com/product/zabi...o-flat-diapers
I have paid $12 for a bamboo terry prefold & that was in 2009. These were normal prices not really for saving money immediately. These usually last through more than one child and could be sold for close to what you paid. Look at Sbish flats, PeanutButter & Ellie (PB&E out of business now) flats. Boutique diapers for boutique prices. I imagine it is amazing quality.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 01-25-2013 at 08:31 AM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Zabi Baby bamboo flats $$$ ?

They are bamboo terry so not at all comparable to Birdseye cotton in cost or performance. Materials are more expensive so they are going to cost more. More absorbent as well. So while it has the "flat" characteristics of being single layer and the shape I think that's where the similarity ends. Many people use flats because of they like the way they work and the fact that they are cheap is an added bonus. So really for a diaper in general that works well and can be used from birth to PLing $12 is pretty reasonable.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little guy is a heavy wetter- we use flats during the day, changing often, but at night we use 2-3 disposables and he often leaks out of those! I'm thinking about getting a few of the Zabi bamboo flats to try at night to see if they help because I spend $.50-$.75 in sposies each night. At that rate 1 flat would pay itself off after about 20 nights of usage for me. (assuming it works, right?) To me, that's totally worth it! I'll probably get 4 to start- after 3 months I'll be saving money.
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJeannieZ3 View Post
My little guy is a heavy wetter- we use flats during the day, changing often, but at night we use 2-3 disposables and he often leaks out of those! I'm thinking about getting a few of the Zabi bamboo flats to try at night to see if they help because I spend $.50-$.75 in sposies each night. At that rate 1 flat would pay itself off after about 20 nights of usage for me. (assuming it works, right?) To me, that's totally worth it! I'll probably get 4 to start- after 3 months I'll be saving money.
Let me know how you like them if you decide to get some!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

These flats are wonderful. If you like flats and like folding them, these are awesome for nights and naps. (daytime too, but cotton flats work great for day too usually) I've used them and they are so soft and squishy, super absorbent and you can pick the colors of serging you want. Bamboo terry is expensive so in relation to the cost of materials, the price is reasonable. I padfold much more often then alternate folds so I found them to be bulky for a padfold but wonderful for other folds.

They are different fabric then the cotton/bamboo blend flats that are now coming out from retailers. The cotton/bamboo flats are great for absorbency but aren't going to have the stretchy squishy feeling. Zabibaby is a great business to work with as well. You can always check their facebook page or email her to see if there are any current discount codes or sales such as "get an item free".

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14

Last edited by togetherinthelandofoz; 01-25-2013 at 11:20 AM.
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bamboo terry is expensive, and this is double sided terry, at that. You can buy a yard at retail for $16+ shipping and get 2 flats from a yard plus some extra left over for doublers. http://www.naturesfabrics.com/bamboo-double-terry.html . I haven't tried these but I love Zabibaby!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by togetherinthelandofoz View Post
These flats are wonderful. If you like flats and like folding them, these are awesome for nights and naps. (daytime too, but cotton flats work great for day too usually) I've used them and they are so soft and squishy, super absorbent and you can pick the colors of serging you want. Bamboo terry is expensive so in relation to the cost of materials, the price is reasonable. I padfold much more often then alternate folds so I found them to be bulky for a padfold but wonderful for other folds.

They are different fabric then the cotton/bamboo blend flats that are now coming out from retailers. The cotton/bamboo flats are great for absorbency but aren't going to have the stretchy squishy feeling. Zabibaby is a great business to work with as well. You can always check their facebook page or email her to see if there are any current discount codes or sales such as "get an item free".
Thanks for giving some input on these flats! That is really helpful. I think that the stretchiness of the fabric would make it easier to use flats. It allows for some room for error, which I need
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't tried the Zabi Baby bamboo flats but I did have a couple ODC bamboo flats just before my YDD pt'd and they were wonderful! I think they were at least $12 each but really worth it, they were so soft and squishy and if you think about it, cheaper then buying a pocket diaper or aio.