Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
50blueberries
Registered Users

My Mood:
weaning and spotting

Hey guys,

So this may have TMI but I could really use your knowledge and support. SO I have chosen to extend bf'ing and my son just turned 2 on friday.

I was convinced there was a problem with my lady bits back in the summer then again in the fall. I was really itchy and went to see my DR. who made me do a self swab and sent it to the lab to see if I had yeast. Turns out negative. So I went in to see her and talk to her about it and she said that the increase in discharge and itch can be normal. She told me a whack load of crazy things that helped ease my mind such as feeling ovulation pain etc etc.

Now, my son has only been bf'ing in the Am and in the PM to go to sleep. He caught a cold and started nursing for longer periods of time and to help him go back to sleep at night (we co sleep).I had my period on the 9-15, no issues there. Right on schedule of my 30-35 day schedule. I was scheduled for a coupe tests ( I have a congenital heart defect and do annual testing) where I would have to refrain from BF'ing due to an injection of radioactive dye for some of the tests. Now after my tests I noticed some spotting upon wiping. Light pink with a bunch of discharge. Not clumpy or smelly just strong odour discharge.

What is happening? I feel like a nut. Part of my just thinks that it is hormones and then part of me starts to freak out a little bit. Can you ladies help me with any of your experiences and tell me if you had whacky spotting during weaning or missing two days of nursing.

Thanks SOOOO much in advance for any help or support you can give.

Advertisement

50blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: weaning and spotting

Sounds normal to me and it is not odd to have spotting while nursing, especially when not nursing as often as usual. Sometimes per month my CM smells a bit stronger than other times, especially when ovulating or gearing up to ovulate. I remember with DS2 before conceiving DS3 I had a cycle where I had the same type of spotting during ovulation while nursing.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
50blueberries
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: weaning and spotting

Wow- thank you so much! I really appreciate the time you took to reply.
It is amazing how much my body has changed since having my son.
50blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote