Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia AI2 Woes

My 3 month old has the exact same problem and I really love the grovia but never feel safe to take it on the road with us. We also use large hemp best bottom inserts/bb shells and a bamboo doubler and even though everything is soaked it doesn't leak like the grovia. I hadn't tried putting a booster in because it already seems bunchy in the crotch area because the grovia soakers don't lay flat. Let us know if the softbums help!

Advertisement

ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblessedmama View Post
My 3 month old has the exact same problem and I really love the grovia but never feel safe to take it on the road with us. We also use large hemp best bottom inserts/bb shells and a bamboo doubler and even though everything is soaked it doesn't leak like the grovia. I hadn't tried putting a booster in because it already seems bunchy in the crotch area because the grovia soakers don't lay flat. Let us know if the softbums help!
a large hemp insert with bamboo doubler soaked on a three month old??? that's a heavy wetter!!!

when my son went through a super soaking phase I had to be diligent to change at the 2 hour mark with EVERY diaper!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the same problem with the stay dry soakers. Mine were getting bunched up so the pee wasn't all getting on the soaker, it was getting the shell itself. The organic ones don't do that for us.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Didn't mean to hijack the thread if I did; yes my kiddos are always supersoakers. I have given up cloth three times because of it but am finally finding things that work. Mypeanut09; I didn't know the organic wouldn't bunch but I need staydry RockinLou is right about changing every two hours but we still have leaks. Today he was in a grovia and I put him in the exersaucer; what a soggy mess from the compression I guess!

Last edited by ahblessedmama; 01-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.
ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #15
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
I had a similar problem, sometimes it was the soaker being totally saturated and sometimes wicking through the threads around the elastic. Either way, tons of leaks. It seems like anything small enough to fit a smaller baby is not going to ne absorbant enough for an older baby. I have found that to be true in all brands of diapers.

But I LOVE the fit of Grovias. So I now use trifolding preflats in my shells. I took flats, folded them into four layers, and serged them into rectangles that are 10x12" and 13x15". You can fold them in thirds either the short way or the long way, depending on how big the baby is. The smaller ones work awesomely from birth to about 18 pounds. By the time they are getting too short, they are also not absorbant enough, so I switch to the bigger ones. If you can't or don't want to sew, try just padfolding flats. Good unbleached flats are more absorbant than the Grovia soakers. I have also heard the new Grovia prefolds are great.
I agree with all of this . The GroVia bamboo prefolds are awesome too. But Nicki's Imagines are equally awesome and priced much better.

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I don't have a baby, but have quite a few Grovia shells in my TTC stash. They are the only OS that adjusts with a snap down rise that appeal to me, so I have been gathering them when I see a good price. I got one pack of soakers, but will not get more for now. They seem too bulky for the smallest setting and don't lay flat. Plus, they would not have been near absorbent enough for my other babies once they would have fit nicely. They needed six layers of hemp for day. So, I am keeping the shells for use with other inserts or trifolded prefolds. Or, perhaps by the time I have a baby they will have made nb inserts and more absorbent toddler inserts.

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 01-27-2013 at 10:41 AM.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote