Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
random call vent

I have been getting random calls from a number several times in the last few days and tonight almost waking my toddler at almost midnight or so. Not making me happy on waking me up let alone trying to wake my kid. I got on to dexknows& found out it was cell number. I texted asking to stop bothering me as I had picked it up once earlier tonight & couldn't understand anything they said. They texted back as if I was bothering them. It happened before with other numbers but usuAlly once &busually they don't realize they called wrong number & it isn't a repeated number. now pregnant lady is tired from not sleeping well past 3 nights because she can't breahe & yet kinda hard to get back to sleep......so on rant..

If I call someone by mistake like sometimes when people change numbers on me....I'm sorry& stop calling I'm not rude & all.....

Few I have gotten were mistakes like they thought they puncjed right number in. one I think was a drunk girl thinking I was some guy & tried again leaving like 10 min giggle fest on my voicemail before you could just delete so one had to listen to it.County jail in colleg in class so I didn't pick up & voice ended at please press to stop calls. One was dealer of a truck of make I don't have......

Advertisement

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 01-26-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: adding to rant
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
yucafrita
Registered Users

Re: random call vent

That is seriously frustrating and I had the same thing happen to me. They finally woke up my 4mos old and that was it. I called my service provider and discovered that my phone has an 'auto reject' feature where you can input like 100 numbers. It's great. So I just added that number to the list and have not been bothered once since! call your carrier and see what they offer for your phone! this feature was a free feature on my phone!
yucafrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I once had some person argue with me insisting that they had the right number and that the person they were looking for should be there.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Angel89411
Banned

Text them to not call your number anymore or you are turning them into the police for harassment. Them, if they do it again, bring your phone with the texts and call log to the police.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I once had some person argue with me insisting that they had the right number and that the person they were looking for should be there.
Me too. And it was a lady looking for her boyfriend screaming at me she knew his cheating *** was there and I better admit it, ect. I said I'm really sorry you actually have a wrong number, call me again and I'm calling the cops.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I don't understand why people do that. IF I say XYZ is not at this number, XYZ is not going to magically appear.

I have DH's old phone number and I NEVER get call for him except his old college fraternity. Once they left a message for him to bring girls to a party. Thankfully for him, I think it's funny as we live 2000 miles away from his college.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have had my same number for 8 years and I started getting calls from Dish Network every month for a guy who couldn't pay his bill on time. I called back and explained this wasn't his number, and had not been for a long time. They actually told me he had to call and tell them this or they couldn't help me. I finally ordered dish but told them I wouldn't pay until they fixed it and I've had no more calls, lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

I keep getting calls from china! No way am I answering that, no way I can afford those cell charges! So I just keep getting calls with no voice mail left. :/ At least they are calling during normal daytime hours?
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
I keep getting calls from china! No way am I answering that, no way I can afford those cell charges! So I just keep getting calls with no voice mail left. :/ At least they are calling during normal daytime hours?

No it was Like midnight....ggggrrrrr. I was really trying to sleep as I'm depricved of sleep & then couldn't sleep for more than 4 hrs later.

I have had number since before 18 yrs.... so like 12 yrs I think & no change.....

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 01-26-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: adding
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote