Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you left spacing up to god (or chance)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.
Touchy subject for you?

Advertisement

Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine are 24 months apart.

Youngest is 10 months old now and not pregnant yet.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.

Not everyone is educated on fertility signs. Not to mention not everyone's signs are as obvious. Others like me have all the signs, great timing and still cannot get pregnant. By all accounts I should be pregnant this month. I am not holding my breath though. Nor am I even considering myself in the 2 week wait. I will consider testing IF I wind up vomiting several days in a row. Otherwise I am simply not even bothering to track things. It would make for monthly heartbreak. I am not into that at all.

My kids are as follows.

Dd 1999
Ds1 2003
Ds2 2011 he was most assuredly a surprise. I figure after so many years with all the proper signs of fertility but no baby I can be forgiven for thinking I couldn't get pregnant. For whatever reason we just disn't get pregnant. I also made a concerted effort not to remember dates as that just made the lack of a pregnancy harder for me.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 01-26-2013 at 04:25 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, considering my older two weren't planned I'll tell you the last three:
-B, conceived 13 months after my loss
-K, conceived a year and two months after B was born (periods returned at about 11 1/2 months)
-N, first cycle NTNP (periods returned when K was about 13 1/2 months)

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This statement assumes all women are like you and have the knowledge you have. Not all women do. Others just may not care to pay attention, while others may miss signs and things due to stress or various other things. There are also those that NTNP (or similar) and while they know they could conceive it's a very pleasant surprise to find out they actually DID.

Quote:

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #16
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Rude much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Not everyone is educated on fertility signs. Not to mention not everyone's signs are as obvious. Others like me have all the signs, great timing and still cannot get pregnant. By all accounts I should be pregnant this month. I am not holding my breath though. Nor am I even considering myself in the 2 week wait. I will consider testing IF I wind up vomiting several days in a row. Otherwise I am simply not even bothering to track things. It would make for monthly heartbreak. I am not into that at all.

My kids are as follows.

Dd 1999
Ds1 2003
Ds2 2011 he was most assuredly a surprise. I figure after so many years with all the proper signs of fertility but no baby I can be forgiven for thinking I couldn't get pregnant. For whatever reason we just disn't get pregnant. I also made a concerted effort not to remember dates as that just made the lack of a pregnancy harder for me.
Yes, this. Our first 2 are 22 months apart, but I'm planning on nursing DD longer than I did DS so there will probably be a longer gap between DD and the next one. I had AF back already at this point with DS and it's still MIA right now.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely
Um no it isnt.

I have NO cm. pcos will do that to some women.

And not everyone pays attention to those things or cares. Some just wing it.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Though I was tracking my ovulation and periods etc., my 11 month son absolutely was a surprise, because we used condoms before ovulation, the day of, and after! And he was conceived the day I knew I ovulated, so I was correct.

My almost 4 year old was also a surprise, because I was still breastfeeding a 6 month old when he was conceived, and I didn't really put much thought in tracking signs or anything, because I didn't know much about it and didn't think it was something I had to think about. lol not everyone is the same.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
MT Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not talking about trying to conceive OR avoid... Just curious. In our case we know that we want more, there is no reason to wait, so we just wing it yes I know when I'm ovulating, but when your hubby works 5-6 nights a week you take what you can get and let nature take its course.

I'm the only one of my friends in this situation, so I wanted to compare notes...waiting for the first pp period is so agonizing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy not having it, but hate not knowing when it will come.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
Mommy2Monsters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely

Agree to disagree?
SAHM to CA (3/2006) LA (11/2007), LE VBA2C (8/2011) and due 12/8 with #4
Mommy2Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote