Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fitted love? Yes or no?

I started off w/pockets, then moved to aios, and now adore fitteds. I'd use them all the time, but for daycare aio is easier.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissed by the Moon
I started off w/pockets, then moved to aios, and now adore fitteds. I'd use them all the time, but for daycare aio is easier.
Haha, that is my current progression too. What's your favorite fitted?
Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
Ebeuchat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No. trying them with fleece or wool for night but dd hates them. we use pockets or aio during the day.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #24
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I used some fitteds over the summer when my little man was running around in just a dipe all day. I never used a cover with them until recently, and I always wondered why spend so much money on an adorable diaper that you have to cover? Fitteds like Sandys and Workhorse make way more sense to me, and I prefer snapless under a cover to reduce bulk. But they are easy to put on, contain messes well, and give you a lot of mileage for your cover. I am stocking up on workhorses for my new baby in the small sizes to cover her EBF stage and taking it from there. For my son I use prefolds or contours under covers and pockets or AIOs when we are out and about. I definitely get crushes on fitteds because they tend to be so freaking cute, but I talk myself down because I just prefer other styles for functionality.
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #25
Dearest Diapers
Registered Users

We don't discriminate in this household. Ok I guess we don't do prefolds that much, but we have AIOs, pockets, ai2, fitteds and wool. We love them all!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #26
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm another who likes them with wool. I don't want yo do 2 sets of snaps so I made a lot of wool in twos and ai2's but lately been wearing a few longies than fitteds are perfect

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #27
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried fitteds and did not like them. I found that b/c they are heavy they got droopy when wet and because they were damp on the outside after 1 or 2 pees and I had to change them every 45 minutes to an hour. I was really sad b/c I had a gorgeous stash of them, they are beautiful!

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)

Last edited by Beesgirl; 01-31-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #28
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartzandPyrite
I used some fitteds over the summer when my little man was running around in just a dipe all day. I never used a cover with them until recently, and I always wondered why spend so much money on an adorable diaper that you have to cover? Fitteds like Sandys and Workhorse make way more sense to me, and I prefer snapless under a cover to reduce bulk. But they are easy to put on, contain messes well, and give you a lot of mileage for your cover. I am stocking up on workhorses for my new baby in the small sizes to cover her EBF stage and taking it from there. For my son I use prefolds or contours under covers and pockets or AIOs when we are out and about. I definitely get crushes on fitteds because they tend to be so freaking cute, but I talk myself down because I just prefer other styles for functionality.
I'm leaning this way too. I really like my WHs & contours!! Fitteds are so cute, but I just can't justify spending so much more on stuff I'm going to cover up. I know they are a bit trimmer, but I still have been more pleased w/an unsnapped WH than the Kiwi Pies & BSRB I have. Just preference I guess
Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #29
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are just getting into the fitteds here. I made some RRP pocket fitteds and stuff with yellow organic GMD prefolds. We use those mostly coverless at home during the day. I also turned some Brown GMD seconds prefolds into fitteds that I embelished on the outside. We can use those coverless also at home. I just ventured into the world of custom fitteds/WAHM fitteds and can't wait. The first one we have coming will be a hybrid with a hidden layer of windpro so it will be functional coverless. When we do use covers, they are fleece now.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
hlbrown
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I think for us a fitted is very similar to an AIO for you. We are 100% wool so we put the fitted on and pull up the pants. No extra cover needed. The pants are the covers. I do primarily use flats and prefolds but definitely understand the draw of an AIO for those who do not use wool as there are times I want the ease of our fitteds instead. Like at 2 in the morning when ds2 still isn't sleeping and I am falling asleep with the knitting needles still in my hands and a stitch hanging on the needle not finished.
We use sbish fitteds and wool pants... My DH loves them because its 'pull ups'
hlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote