Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #21
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama

Did you get sucked into the have to try everything like I did?
Not exactly, but I did try several different brands/styles, esp. in NB size. I sold all my NB and size smalls for over $400, so that must've been a big investment new. Then I did size 2, OS, mediums, larges, AIOs, fitteds, AI2s, night time diaps, pockets and a few prefolds. I have sold off most of my stash to buy trainers, on which I have spent $300 already. So, my estimate could be high, but I know it must be a lot, close to $2k anyway. This is my last baby and 1st to CD, so I wanted to experience the full range of choices.

Advertisement

Last edited by AHASRADA; 01-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #22
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much have you spent on cloth diapers?

A lot. But, at the same time, last time a sat down and did the math a figured I had saved about $1000 per child over what I would have spent on disposables. So yes, I've spent quite a bit, but I've been doing this for 5 1/2 years and three kiddos. Not to mention, somewhere along the way I decided that if I'm going to spend a rather large portion of time changing dirty diapers, then they are going to be cute! :P
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #23
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Around $700. I figure we will still save money over disposables though.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I keep records. About $250 currently, DS is almost 8mos, never bought disposables. We're about to drop another $100 for some new prefolds though.

Eta Nb included.

Last edited by EmmaGM; 01-26-2013 at 06:26 PM.
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post
I've only spent $107 for 14 gD, BM 4.0, and some Diaper Safari's, but then again, I just started buying them two days ago and am only 11 weeks pregnant, haha.

On the other hand, we don't plan on buying anymore until we find out what we are having, and then we'll still keep it pretty minimal (I'll let you know how long that stays true!)
no newborn?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #26
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

About $300- I started when my DD was 10 months old and she is 14 months old now. This number takes into account everything I have bought and sold due to not liking them and everything I still have now. I also diaper a 3.5 year old and 5.5 year old at night.

I am happy with my stash and am not planning on buying anything else until she potty trains.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #27
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Uhmmm..It's scary. I don't even want to say it! All I know is, I hit my $5,000 spending limit on paypal quite some time ago and I only use my pp account for fluff. I that was before I tried wool

ETA: In my defense, I re-coup quite a bit from selling a re-buying. So it's not that much totally OOP. I've never had a huge stash at once. I don't actually think I've ever even had more than 50 diapers, besides 1-2 months when DS1 was still in diapers and DS2 was born.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 01-26-2013 at 06:50 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #28
lizdanielle
Registered Users
seller

Less than $180 including 4 diaper sprayers (the grandparents asked for some in exchange for putting up with CD lol), detergents, RLR, pail, wet bags, etc. All bought with money I make from tutoring a little girl from down the street I don't really have a NB stash though.
lizdanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #29
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

I don't even want to think about it. I just know I get in trouble with the hubby a lot lol he will be looking online at account & say what is this place ill just smile & say I have no idea. He will say If I see more diapers come in here but he gets over it when he realized we'd go through a whole big box & half another in a month then when I changed to cloth one box of sposies lasts for months therefore saving money. I have mostly practical useful ones but I have a problem when I see pretty ones then I have to have it to.
lilannies mama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

I have spent about $1300 to date. That include my nb stash, my OS stash and ALL the accessories. That does not include the money I made back from selling things that didn't work for us.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote